Author Topic: Cardiology Appointment Results & Update  (Read 3592 times)

ghenier27

Cardiology Appointment Results & Update
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:45:47 am »
Hello, sorry it has taken me solong to update this messenge. Like many of you emailed and said, getting all excited, nervous for my big moment and then everything just stopped. It was a blow and to then also find out to have a bundle branch blockage. WOW. I was checked out my Cardology who told me this type of thing happens alot. He basically asked alot of questions, examined me and set me free. He said their thousands of people who are walking around with this and don't even know it. And unless it causes some type of problems for me- like heart pain, blacking out, not being able to catch my breath-I'll be just fine. Or if I cann't do what I normally do- exercising, walking the dogs, housework, and lifting my 125 pound daughter. The bundle branch blockage is NOT A BLOCKAGE at all. It has to do with the electric system of how the heart beats. He then cleared me for surgery.

MY NEW SURGERY DATE ------  OCTOBER 19th! I know it is still along ways off. HOWEVER, the Neuro doctor has a medical conference & vacation for 3 weeks! Hummm.... I also decided that I had a cruise paid for on November 16th and since I knew I wouldn't be able to make that. I changed it to October 1sT - kinda of destressor before my surgery to just enjoy myself. THou I had to trade a 5 day cruise for a 3 day one to Nassua. Bahamas. It will be ok. So that this "Island Girl" will get some salt air into these lungs before going threw the surgery. LOL!

Many thanks for all your prayers & comments. I really don't know what I would do without all  of you. Debi

lori67

Re: Cardiology Appointment Results & Update
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 08:14:31 am »
Great news!  Sounds like perfect timing for a cruise too!  Enjoy every minute of it!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 11:16:15 am »
Debi -

thank you very much for the update!  As I'm sure you're aware lots of us were wondering what was going on with you.  I'm so glad to hear things are okay and that your surgery has been rescheduled.

In the meantime, enjoy your much-deserved vacation.  I envy you  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 02:37:35 pm »
Hey, Debi!  Glad to hear that things are a "go" for your surgery.  Oddly, just last week, my son had an EKG done (routine check due to a med he's on).  The doc assistant said he had a bundle branch block - I had never heard of such a thing and had no idea he had one.  She was very unconcerned about it and explained that since it was an incomplete block, rarely is anything ever needed to be done about it.  Anyway, apparently there are many folks, as your doctor indicated, that have this and are not aware of it.

Do enjoy your cruise - I'm jealous, too.  Perfect thing to do prior to your surgery - nothing to do but relax!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 05:46:43 pm »
Debbi ~

Great news that the heart 'blockage' really wasn't.  Enjoy the cruise!  :) 

Jim

P.S.  I added your new surgery date to the AN Treatment Calendar   http://my.calendars.net/an_treatments/d19/10/2009?authenticate=&display=M&style=B
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:54:07 am by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 06:58:14 pm »
So you had to trade in your first surgery date for a cruise in the Bahamas. Life is tough sometimes.  8)

Glad it has worked out well. Oct 19 will be here before you know it. Enjoy the trip!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

agnes

• "Serenity Prayer"
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 04:11:55 pm »
Hi Deb,
So glad to hear the good news. Enjoy every minute of your cruise.....I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you. But sometimes
no news is good news as they say....it was in your case.
Agnes
6x8x12 mm diagnosed 7/11/07 left side AN watch and wait. Partial hearing loss
left ear. Second MRI done 03/21/2008 waiting results. Unchanged from last year. 1.3 cm.Third MRI done 02/16/2009 1.3 cm unchanged. 4th MRI 12/18/09  Still 1.3 no growth, just some vascular chgs noted.MRI 11-30-12 no growth