Author Topic: Botox  (Read 2327 times)

mary07

Botox
« on: July 03, 2010, 05:53:16 am »

I'm wondering on peoples  experience  with botox ?

Mary

gms

Re: Botox
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:36:48 pm »
Hi Mary.
I'm not sure about the specifics, but I am a post AN pt (2004) and have Rt side facial weakness. I can bllink, close my eye, but I can't raise my eyebrow much or smile completely. I also have some dimpling on my  chin when I smile from the pulling of my good side and not my bad side due to the paralysis. I have been getting botox injections to help even out my face a bit. I get the botox above my good eyebrow, so when I show expression, and my eyebrows raise, it keeps my good side from going much higher then the weak brow. I also get the area on my chin injected, it helps to keep the obviuos dimpling from occuring. It has helped me, I just feel much better after I have it done because here I have one side that does everything, and the other that has some weakness. The Botox balances it out by toning down the expression a bit on the good side.
This is the only think I have done to my face and I am pleased. The Doctor I go to is from Denver Colorado. I know him from working with him in the Operating Room. He is an Oculoplastic Surgeon. Let me know if you have a specific question.
GMS

m4guzman

Re: Botox
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 07:57:17 am »
Hi Mary

I got botox about 2 months ago to even out my face but more so, to stop the constant charlie horses I was feeling
in my face.  I waited a year to get it.  My face was comming back slowly .  I had a pretty good smile   but lots of dimpling in
my chin and a big crease from my nose to the corner of my mouth.  The botox worked well to get rid of the dimple and all the
charlie horses.  When he gave me more botox to get rid of the crease, he gave me to much.  My face started to droop again.

So now I am waiting for the botox to wear off.  I am not getting it again.  I was just starting to feel normal again and I got wacked.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

marybeth
1.5cm on left side MRI 2/2/09
Some hearing loss
Thinking about surgery