Author Topic: Putting on my ANA Forum Moderator "hat".....  (Read 12514 times)

sgerrard

Re: Putting on my ANA Forum Moderator "hat".....
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 11:31:54 pm »
Jan,

The funny thing is I posted my blue hat on January 27th. It has already been a month, and I have 3 of them out there. Not exactly fast mass production, anyway, not even 1 a week. Time flies when you are having fun. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 07:29:36 am »
My daisy maisy! You look simply maaah-velous! Disguise and all! :)  LOL!

thanks all....  I'll pull the hat over my eyes to hide the fatigue and circles and wrinkles and hope my Oil of Olay kicks in soon! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 01:06:19 pm »
The funny thing is I posted my blue hat on January 27th. It has already been a month, and I have 3 of them out there. Not exactly fast mass production, anyway, not even 1 a week.

Good point.  It just seemed much faster than that.  I guess I'm just impressed that anyone can knit 4 hats in approximately 30 days.  It usually takes me a few months just to sew on a button.  Of course, the first 50 days or so the garment in need is just laying around the house waiting for me to find my needle and thread and make the commitment to get the job started.

I'm not exactly "domestic".  Can you tell?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 04:09:40 pm »
Jan~
Instead of "Domestic Goddess" - we'll just leave off the "Domestic" and call you the "Goddess."  How's that?? ;D

Steve~
So glad you figured out about that little world icon!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

joebloggs

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 09:05:08 pm »
Hi all,

After marvelling at Steve's hat knitting I decided to learn how to knit so I've got something to do for the first month or so post op, so here is my pre-op hat and scarf:

It's a bit more "rustic" looking than Steve's but it does the job... very warm, which is why I only had it on to take the picture and then off again... bit too hot down here in Aus for that kind of thing just now!  I'm going to send it to my friend in the UK so she can keep herself warm.

Cheerio!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 09:22:52 pm »
Hey, Joebloggs,

Have I told you how brutal winter has been for my headaches? So brutal that all I asked for this past x-mas were hat & scarf sets.
I can always use more in different colors.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

sgerrard

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2009, 09:36:24 pm »
JB, you are hired! The hat and scarf look great, and you are looking bright eyed and glowing as well. Very nice!   8)

Okay, Syl, I got the hint.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2009, 12:02:21 am »
Beautiful picture, Joe.  You look so happy  ;D

The hat and scarf are great - wonderful color for you, too.

I say keep them and knit your friend another set  ;)

Jan aka "The Goddess" - funny, Kaybo!
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2009, 02:06:10 am »
I wish I could join in, but all the knitting would make my hands hurt.  :(  It's a great hobby.  I'm jealous!! :D

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

joebloggs

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2009, 02:50:15 am »
Glad you like them!  I think Steve is probably a faster knitter than I am so your best bet might be him Syl!!!  I've got a scarf on the go for a bloke at the moment, so will see how I go with that!  Gee wool is expensive though!  I think all the wool for the hat and scarf cost about AUS$40 which is about US$25.  I probably wouldn't pay $40 for a hat and a scarf like mine so I don't know how anyone would ever make any money from knitting!  It's a nice thing to be able to do for people though!  I do look happy in that picture don't I?  Must be happy with my knitting!  My friend has very similar colouring as me so I will probably still send them to her... she needs them, it's cold in the UK!  And Sue, it hurts my hands too, just because I'm not used to using my hands in this way I think, hopefully I will get used to it once I'm doing it for a while! 

See how lucky I am, if I didn't have an AN I probably wouldn't have been making scarves and hats!

Fun fun!!!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2009, 06:41:48 am »
JB,

fantastic job!  Truly!  Ok, I admit, I knit and crochet but you all (you and Steve) have done a fabulous job.... will post later a piccie of my crochet work.... got me an afgan on my bed (granny square).....  Just like AN'ers doing crossword puzzles and Sudoko and such for focus and mind exercises, I wonder if needlework does the same as well?

Great job, JB! Looks great!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

joebloggs

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2009, 07:05:06 am »
Yeah Phyl it probably does - I think knitting and crafty stuff is good for concentration and memory and all that.  I'm doing brain training on my Mum's nintendo DS at the moment and it will be interesting to see how I compare post op!

lori67

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2009, 11:03:25 am »
Oh my goodness, all these self taught knitters....you make it look so easy!  I guess I'm just a slow learner.   :-[

But Phyl, thanks for pointing out the crossword puzzle thing - I'm a pro at those!  I was starting to worry that my brain had already turned to mush!  Now I know it's actually just sortof thick oatmeal.   :D

JB - you do look great! 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 12:28:41 pm »
I am finally off the Blackberry and on my regular home computer where I can see pictures! What magnificent toques and signs and all!  Love the Groucho Daisy Head! You look Luvery in Lavender Dahling Pearly girly!
Our Scallywag Steve-o has figgered out how to knit wiv one hand and scroll wiv the other! Bravo!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

LisaP

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 06:20:59 am »
Steve,

If I ever have to have surgery, would you knit me a hat????

LisaP ;D

PS My favorite color is maroon
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W