Author Topic: Bad taste again  (Read 2249 times)

er

Bad taste again
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:10:15 am »
I thought I was over the bad taste. Yesterday I went out for lunch with a friend and my face started to do its thing, then later I started tasting the cooper taste in my left side of my tongue again. Then there was a dull ach in my surrounding area of the surgery all evening. So I assume it is a healing process.
eve

Yvette

• Yvette
Re: Bad taste again
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:26:42 pm »
Hi Eve, I am 4 months post op and still get that taste when eating my favorite treat-chocolate. The taste was there constantly post op but began to only be noticeable with certain foods. (I did pray that I would be able to stick to my diet-I think someone up there is smirking at me. haha)  My docs said it would improve over the next several months, but may not completely go away. Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

Boppie

Re: Bad taste again
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 12:47:54 pm »
Everybody around me was tired of hearing me say my tongue was "weirded out again"!  ;D

Hang in there.

The strange tastes set in at 3 months out and changed from week to week - better and worse again, back and forth - until about 11 months post op.  At 17 months post op, I have only occassional numb streaks across my tongue.  The sensitive spot on the tip of my tongue is healed now too.

Once in a while I will taste something new or spicy that sets my tongue off and I will have to drink or eat a small amount of sweet food to straighten it out.  I have to cool hot food.