Author Topic: Neck Problems I think I've tried everything but the block  (Read 1585 times)

Mei Mei

Neck Problems I think I've tried everything but the block
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:51:32 am »
Hi all,
I think I've tried almost everything but the block and have the block scheduled for the 14th of July when I get back from Taiwan and China.   I leave on Friday for a quick trip to accompany my father.   My problem is my neck and skull is stiff as a rock.  I go to PT and accuptuncture and deep massage daily.  Started Neurontin last week with no effects on the rock.   Use the microwavable neck heat and ice pack for comfort but that rock just stays there on the neck.   I thought this Neurontin would take it away like it did ten years ago for me, but it didn't touch it.    It's really chronic.  I'm putting Salonpas sticky tapes on it for comfort when I sleep and go out.   The Flexall Tapes didn't help and neither did the Lidocaine tapes.   

Any suggestions before my trip?   I sure hope the block helps when I come back.   The doctor's not available before.   I'd like to enjoy the trip and the ride on the plane is difficult.

In pain,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh