Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 777865 times)

Laura

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1290 on: September 22, 2006, 09:05:15 am »
Sounds great - accepted. However, I must admit I'm rightly scared over the TimTam Tug of war. It's hard to tell how many hands will be chewed to pieces! Once you wenches get though with each other we might have to order some more "hook hands".

We will have to order stock in vel-cro!  ;)
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Chris

« Reply #1291 on: September 22, 2006, 02:48:19 pm »
Apart from Tim Tams being good for you did you know that, if you break them in half before eating them, half the calories fall out. It's true. Would I lie to you. Can I send you some Tim Tams Capt Deb or is that a quarantine no no?
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1292 on: September 22, 2006, 03:16:26 pm »
Well, Chris wench--we can exchange home addys as I have a goody fer you as well! If you send TimTams I may sure need what ever that Spammer is selling regarding the too much stout wife! I promise to break them in half. I just need to know which half retains the calories so I can feed that half to Dr. Love and eat the half with the NO calories meself!! Dyin' ta try the dark choccie ones!!
Capt Deb

(as you can tell by this recent pic, I need to fatten up a bit!)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Chris

« Reply #1293 on: September 22, 2006, 08:14:00 pm »
I sent you my address via email last week Capt Deb. I will do it again incase it did not go through.

Larry, I found out we do not have Gamma Knife in Australia either but the treatment here is similar.

Regards
Chris
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

Chris

« Reply #1294 on: September 22, 2006, 08:21:58 pm »
I forgot to mention the most important thing. When you break the Tim Tam the calories fall out both sides so you don't have to worry about which half to eat. Works the same way for biscuits too.

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #1295 on: September 22, 2006, 09:34:56 pm »
Chris--just click the little IM thingy below me name to send an IM via the forum message thingy. I'll be sure to get it. I sent mine that way just now!
Capt Deb 8)

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #1296 on: September 25, 2006, 07:05:59 pm »
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! to alla ye wenches and scallywags!!!!
Well, Yer dear Captain here has made the appointment ter go inter the Big Magic Rum Barrell ta get a picture taken o' the inside of me noggin'!!  It's been almost 4 years since I had me Dreaded AN scooped our by them nice fellers in Lalaland, and it's time ter see if they done their job right!!! Besides, I used up the insurance deductible and it be waaaay less pricey this year than next, when it's really supposed ter be.  Gotta work the system, ya know!  I goes in next Monday and I'll be a'needin' LOTS of Hugs and Smoochies as I'm a little nervous about the whole thing.  I gots very squirrely veins and gettin them contrast shots is tough--I just usually start screamin' fer the best sticker in the place!!! They makes me take the big hat off too(see photo at left) which I don't like atall!!!

Now, I know I ain't havin' surgery or nothin' but this here be a request fer the wearin' o' the special magic pirate sox. I'm givin' yer advance warnin' so's yer can get them ter the ship's laundy so they be all clean and shiney and whatnot. So pry yer butts offa them barstools and drop 'em in the hamper!!! They've had a lot o' use lately fer Ellen and Chopper and Taylor and lil' Miss Chelsea.

So anyway, that's what's happenin' with yer Dear Captain.

Capt Deb 8)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #1297 on: September 25, 2006, 07:11:03 pm »
Aye, aye, Cap'n!  Guess that means I'll be having to make my hubby do the laundry this weekend!   ;)

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #1298 on: September 25, 2006, 07:28:31 pm »
Got it Captain!   I think it's a fine time to start wearing the fine shirts that we've been supplied with too!!!!!!  I have to get one of those soon as well, but luckily my veins aren't so squirrely....but that stuff is cold and feels yucky!!!!!!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

matti

« Reply #1299 on: September 25, 2006, 08:33:40 pm »
I'll get all decked out in my fine pirate gear for ya Captain. 

I know how you are feeling, I have had 8 MRI's for this blessed AN >:( and I still get nervous and worried and stay that way until I get my results.  My husband tells me I am not very pleasant to live with during that time period :P

I got my order of Tim Tam's today. I bought regular and also the double coated chocolate. OMG! FABULOUS!!!! (Thanks Laz for getting my hooked)

cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Chris

« Reply #1300 on: September 26, 2006, 03:51:28 am »
Good luck Capt Deb. Luckily you haven't had a big supply of Tim Tams otherwise you wouldn't fit in the machine.

Battyp

« Reply #1301 on: September 26, 2006, 07:13:55 pm »
Pirates don't have to wash no clothes  LOL  We're suppose to be stinky according to that one family..heck and have fleas too!  Things will be fine Captn'...hoping they send the cutest best sticker for ya! :-*

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1302 on: September 26, 2006, 08:00:02 pm »
Pirate gear on Monday....check!!

Rum drinks on Monday....check!!

Good thoughts for Capt. Deb on Monday...check!!

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Laura

« Reply #1303 on: September 27, 2006, 08:18:14 am »
Good luck Capt. Deb!!! Be sure to share your results but I'm sure everything will be wonderful!

I also emailed you my address last week but I'll try the IM logo and see how that works.
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1304 on: September 27, 2006, 04:23:57 pm »
YUMMIIIIIEEEEEE,  finally found some Tim Tams.  working on a timtamasm right now. 'cept if iI keep eating these I'll be too fat.

but YYYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMMMIIIIIIEEEEEEE. the Tim who made up the Tam should be shot for making them SOOOOOO good
my kids are loving them.

Captain Deb,   got  a couple packs in the mail to ya. if the rest of this crew is gonna get fat with thes things, you gotta eat 'em too!

Patti UT yootee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year