Author Topic: Dental x-rays as cause of ANs (VS)  (Read 16980 times)

Jill Marie

Re: Dental x-rays as cause of ANs (VS)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 09:57:54 pm »
According to Mike we can all look forward to having family and friends join us in the AN club as they have all had dental X-rays for years, which of course means an AN is in there future.  They will live long and Mike's friends will too as they took care of there teeth and didn't experience all the health issues one does when they neglect their teeth.  The Truth is - Xrays don't cause AN's.
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

ewhitese

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »
All kidding aside we all could stand to take better care of ourselves, like considering the chemical load we contact in the food we eat.  Contact with plastics in our food and water supply, home pest control chemicals.  There are a lot of places in our lives we come in contact with cancer causing agents and don't think twice about it.  I personally like to think that I am doing all I can to prevent environmental contamination but how do I know.

I don't have the stamina to keep track of all that.  I will stay away from tobacco, I won't drink alcohol, I try to limit my intake of caffeine,  I grow a lot of my own vegetables.  I am sure the best thing I can do for myself at this point in my life is exercise more than I am.  The key for me I think is pay attention to the things I have control over and work on those that I can begin to control and leave the ones I have no control over alone.  I definitely can do better.  I will quote a Hollywood movie and see if anyone recognizes it "You can not decide how much time you are given, you can only decide what you do with the time you are given."  (those who are willing to acknowledge they know where that quote came from are in jeopardy of being labeled a nerd.)

I have contemplated the causes of my an for awhile, looked at the research and have come to no conclusion at all.  I am a likely candidate for the theory that loud noise is a cause.  I hope the current study being done can shed some light but I know we are in the beginning stages of understanding. I apologize Mike if I have offended with my attempt at humor, my wife says I am the only one laughing most of the time. The reality for me is I am already here so knowing how I got my AN is so much less important as how am I going to deal with it going forward.  That is where I want to spend my time now.

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 06:00:34 am »
Yeah, sure, but this study fails to establish a causational relationship between alien abductions and AN.  For instance,   I have an AN but I have not been abducted by aliens.  Is this study suggesting that I WILL BE abducted by aliens?  To those of you who have already been abducted,   what should I wear?

Something durable, and loose-fitting. Especially around the waist. You really don't anything that binds up easily when you return home.
-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 12:08:32 pm »
Respectfully Jill Marie,

I am not making or drawing conclusions about anyone's behavior on whether to take or not take XRays after having undergone surgery for an AN. I am NOT trying to influence anyone. I am erring on the side of caution.

I just know that in my case I underwent a range of dental XRays about 2 years after I had undergone surgery then at my very next annual CT scan with contrast  my Nuerosurgeon Dr. Sisti told me that I was showing slight growth and I would have to consider Gamma Knife Surgery.

Draw your own conclusions, I have already drawn mine. Call it coincidence....I have instructed my dentist to try and do his job without taking an XRay. Both Dr. Sisti and Dr. Avis(my dentist) are on the same page. Both want to keep me around.

Note: Before I had brain surgery to remove 3 AVM's in 1973.  I had been subjected (in 1970) to low dose radiation--- that may have been the culprit.

Whatever the case, I, because I may have received too much radiation will not willingly undergo dental XRays again apart from yearly CT Scans with contrast.

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 10:42:59 am »
Yeah, sure, but this study fails to establish a causational relationship between alien abductions and AN.  For instance,   I have an AN but I have not been abducted by aliens.  Is this study suggesting that I WILL BE abducted by aliens? 

Yes.

What's that light outside your window?

To those of you who have already been abducted,   what should I wear?

Clean underwear.

3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0