Author Topic: One year cyberknife update  (Read 2302 times)

valerie_g

One year cyberknife update
« on: May 10, 2012, 06:30:28 am »
Good morning to all of you,

Yesterday I met with the neurosurgeon to go over the one year post cyberknife results. No change from September. The tumor is just an hallow and the middle is dark. Well almost no change since he said that the middle is liquefying ?!?! never heard of that before. It is hard to catch all the "nuance" in terminology since I'm French....but he had only good news to report. I have no other symptoms than hearing lost. My BAHA continue to be a great support. I will have MRI every six months for a couple of years.

So all is great and I hope to continue on this good path  ;D

Valérie
March 2009 5 mm X 4 mm
July 2010 6 mm X 5 mm
March 2011 7mm X 6mm Cyberknife radiosurgery Ottawa General Hospital
June 2011 BAHA surgery Ottawa Civic Hospital

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: One year cyberknife update
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 11:50:22 am »
Hi, Valérie ~

Congratulations!

Its encouraging to learn of another successful CK outcome - so thanks for sharing yours.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mk

Re: One year cyberknife update
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:10:24 pm »
Hi Valerie,

Great news. I am so glad to hear that you are doing well.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.