Author Topic: Intercranial Pressure  (Read 3357 times)

kiwi

• Facebook
Intercranial Pressure
« on: January 06, 2010, 01:02:11 am »
hi

Just wanting to ask if anyone else suffers from intercranial pressure and do they have any remedies to help relieve the pain.  I have tried using panadol which is the equivalent to tylenol I think but it is no help at all. 

Jacqui
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010

cyrmom2

Re: Intercranial Pressure
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:19:46 am »
Hi Jacqui.

I'm curious as to the advice you'll get from others because the pressure in my head can be bothersome too.  It was an everyday occurrence prior to my surgery.  Stress, alcohol, caffeine and lack of sleep can make it worse now. I still need to be a little careful of certain exercises that could increase head pressure according to my surgeons. I like to lift weights and work out with a trainer. She's modified my workouts - lower weights and more repetitions. Also, no positions that keep my head low for any period of time. Chin ups are out for now too.

Cyndi
diagnosed 7-27-09 4 cm CPA
12 hr translab 8-25-09
Dr Chicooca & Dr Welling at OSU/The James
sliver of tumor remains on brain stem
left SSD & facial paralysis (was 6/6, 2-3/6 at 9 weeks, 1/6 within 4 months) 6 month MRI on 3-17-10.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 09:47:20 am »
Jacqui,

Prior to my surgery I had a fullness in my ear after the surgery I still have fullness and alot of pressure and tightness it has been 6 months since the surgery. I hope you receive more insite from others on this topic.

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 06:13:36 pm »
Jacqui,

I was put on diamox (a diuretic) a few weeks after surgery to alleviate the CSF pressure (and associated pressure type headaches that went with it).  Perhaps your doctor can put you on something like that to alleviate the CSF pressure in your head before surgery.  You have to be careful with diuretics as they can do some weird things to your body if you're on them for an extended period of time.

Just a thought...

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:04:03 pm »
I have issues with a kidney and didn't connect dots for  a while ...but when it was not working had more headaches that were different than brain wreck headaches ... when on diuretics to keep kidney output good and sweeling from feet and hands controled I also quit getting the pressure headaches ... so a pooter said this may be an answer that would work for you ...

I have to be careful bending over and sleep on wedge pillows to keep head pressure in check...

good luck
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery