Author Topic: I Survived  (Read 2076 times)

Catflower

I Survived
« on: April 08, 2008, 05:17:58 pm »
I made it through my BAHA surgery just fine.  Just like everyone said I would.  My only issue now is a UTI which started as soon as I got home, but I've got medication for that.  I went into the OR @ 7:00 AM and was ready to come home by 10:30 AM.

I have a big pressure bandage siminar to the one I had with the AN surgery.  It comes off tomorrow leaving the smaller foam one with the cap on it.  Big issue for me is that given my history of infection after the AN surgery the doctor won't let me wash my hair until he sees me next Monday.  Oh my gosh, that's six days.  I'll definitely cancel out on the wedding I was going to attend Sunday.  I'm thinking that I can use a spray bottle and dampen it enough to dry and style.  If I don't use any products at least I'll be Wal-Mart presentable.  If Wal-Mart doesn't see me every other day they get worried ;D

Thanks for all of your good wishes and prayers.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: I Survived
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 05:33:19 pm »
Catflower -

Good to hear you are through it and now "Baha-friendly."  I share your horror on the whole hair washing.  I have been fixating on that for the last few days - trying to figure out if I can actually survive 5 days in the hospital without a shampoo.  Guess a headband is out of the question, too - Ha!

Look forward to hearing how the healing goes for you!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 08:13:12 pm »
Catflower -

glad to hear things went well today.

When I scheduled by BAHA surgery through my doc's office, I was told that I would have a pressure bandage similar to the one I had post op with my AN surgery, but then I ended up with my "beret".  I don't know how the switch came about  ???

Bummer about the shampooing - and the wedding :(  But you do need to do what the doc says; afterall, he IS the doc.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

dpetty

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:15:12 pm »
Well washing my hair wasn't hard, I washed my hair the next day, just wash your hair in the kitchen sink and hold a wash cloth over the abutment, simple.

David

dpetty

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:16:54 pm »
BTW glad u r doing fine, I knew you would come thru with flying colors...