Author Topic: AN Symptoms and Barometric Pressure  (Read 9503 times)

epodjn

Re: AN Symptoms and Barometric Pressure
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 10:16:51 am »
Well, whatever California gets Utah gets a few days later, more or less. And yes the latest storms have taken their toll. Wonky head, balance issues and horrible tinnitus. At least I'm in the best company possible with all of you. Here's to sunny days ahead!
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

marguerite

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 10:36:11 am »
i'm so glad someone brought this up. allergy season and barometric pressure wreaks havoc. a soggy spring season here in maryland put my AN in a spin, which lead me back to the primary who stated AN ear full. antibiotics helped.  what was strange though, was i answered the phone one morning at work and was getting feedback from my own voice. very frustrating (again, the antibiotics helped). i still have my 1.5 AN (i refer to as BIF [benign is fine]) and went the radiation route, however the feedback from voice and throbbing pain made me want to schedule surgery right then and there! today is a better day. whew. thanks for the topic.

MissMolly

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 11:14:48 am »
No question about it. We have a built in weather station.

Too bad we can't charge for the weather services!!  Cloudy, overcast and drizzly for the next few days here in New Hampshire.  Here I go again.  Dr. McKenna prescribed adderal (sp) to help "settle the vestibular system" a little bit.  I find that it does, but I'm sleepy as all get out.  Sure hope surgery takes care of at least some of this vertigo!!!! 

Molly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 11:17:28 am »
Cloudy, overcast and threatening to rain here in Southern Ontario.  My head and face have been a real pain since about 2:00 am.  Like I have said before, this is the gift that keeps on giving!  ;)

Anne Marie

Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

MissMolly

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 07:48:47 pm »
Hey Cheri,
It's good to hear from you.  I can't wait to see what winter does to this thing post surgery!!!!
MissMolly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

epodjn

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 10:24:14 pm »
Cheri,
I have really tense neck and shoulder (just AN side) muscles too. Did you have the problem pre-AN or just after? I wonder if mine is somehow connected to the AN since it's just on that side. I have to really concentrate to make my neck and shoulder relax. I also have a lot of pain from the muscles being so tight. I can't figure out why I have this problem.
Julie
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 11:21:24 pm »
Julie,

After my face started to move (at a snails pace) months after surgery (which caused the Bell’s Palsy) – I got synkenisis. The worse for me is very tight “Platysma� muscles.

Here is a diagram showing the Platysma.
http://www.dentalarticles.com/images/facial-muscles.png

Here is an explanation of the muscle and its functions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platysma_muscle

When my Platysma muscles are hypertonic (too tight) then I have pain in my neck and shoulders. Sometimes I cannot relax these. The only thing that has worked for me is heat and the Botox injections I get every 3+ months (or so). The Botox is actually very affective.

Sadly I think that your neck and shoulder pain are more related to facial issues of the Platysma muscles than barometric pressure. However I will not deny my face is tighter when I get “barometer head�… and then everything is tight.

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 07:04:14 pm »
the nasty weather in the NE USA has been killing me... not as much for my AN (some slight enhanced "wonky head").... but the rest of my body is a walking barometer and far from being happy :(

Hoping you all are faring better than me.....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"