Author Topic: A challenge to all members  (Read 5989 times)

sdinapoli

Re: A challenge to all members
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2005, 12:28:34 pm »
Wow! I won't stay on this thread too long but I will say this. I found the converstaion that ignited this and (in addition to yourself) really do hope the other "poster" doesn't leave either. Just my two cents!

DFF

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 06:56:09 am »
HOW CAN I VIEW YOU ORIGINAL POST? DFF

found it! :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 01:58:49 pm by DFF »
2.1CM CPA W/BRAIN STEM COMPRESSION
NEAR PERFECT HEARING PRESURG 02/09/2006
HOUSE INSTITUTE DR BRACKMANN

Ron T

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2006, 10:26:08 pm »
God Bless you... i had my AN removed surgircally on May 2005,  i considered both options and decided on surgery.  i had an excellent team of drs,,my surgery was 9 hours long.  And they removed approximately 98% of my tumor..the other small cells the dr was afraid of doing damage,,and if it regrows so be it...i will then have it radiated...But this is a decision that we all make...i to live life to the fullest, i am awake, aware and live in the present...God Bless you on your decision i support you entirely.

Ron T

DeniseSmith

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 09:38:48 am »
I agree with GM.  I think alot of people try to defend their type of treatment.

All that really matters is that the person with AN is comfortable and happy with their choice.  The rest is just static. 

People come to this forum for answers to their AN questions, and everyone posting here should be honest and open, in explaining all aspects of their treatment, both good and bad. 

There have been a few posts that I have either disagreed with, or been offended and I just quit reading them, and don't take it personally, because no one knows my exact situation but me.

Denise

P.S. Everyone always has an opinion on everything, you don't have to listen to them.

Sanddollar

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2006, 05:38:11 pm »
AN is my first medical crisis and from it I have learned just how personal medical choices are.  I can think of a number of times over my adult life that a family member or friend would make a medical decision that I could not understand, and I would feel compelled to provide well-intended, but probably unwelcome advice about the situation. 

Now that I have been faced with making such a decision, I understand how many factors weigh into the decision-making process - facts about treatment options, other health considerations, age, emotions, lifestyle, career, risk tolerance, family situations, financial circumstances, etc.  The list goes on and on.  No one can really understand completely everything that is factored in unless they are the person making the decision.  The important thing is for the individual to make a decision based on sound information, taking into account their own situation to arrive at a choice that brings them peace and the best chances for an outcome that they can live with. 

I believe that we can best serve one another in this forum when we are supportive and share our experiences and information so that everyone can make their own best decision. 

Here's to everyone finding their own "right" answers!
1cm x 2cm, Left side -Translab
Drs. Vrabec & Trask - Jan '06
Houston, TX
Excellent Results!!!