Author Topic: California  (Read 3299 times)

Pascale

California
« on: July 18, 2008, 11:05:12 am »
Hello everyone

I would like to know who got treated in California and where. I'm close to decide who I will be chossing to get "in there" as I cannot wait long.

Anyways, thank you  8)
2.1 x 1.8 x 1.7 cm AN.
CyberKnife treatment completed on 09/12/2008 with Dr. Chang and Dr. Gibbs at Stanford.

:D

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: California
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:23:18 pm »
Pascale:

The House Ear Clinic is world-renowned for it's very experienced doctors and staff.  Many of the folks posting on this board have had their surgery there.  Some even fly halfway across country to be treated at 'House'.  You should seriously consider this facility.

here is a link to their website:  http://www.houseearclinic.com/

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Rex

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 04:43:16 pm »
I had translab performed at Stanford by Dr Jackler and Dr Harsh (3.2cm) four years ago.  Total removal, follow-up MRI's clean, told by Dr. Jackler last year that no more follow-up MRI's were necessary. 

Given the size of the tumor I feel like I had an excellent outcome.  Both surgeons were great and very experienced with AN surgery.   Downside, the post-op nursing care at Stanford Hospital wasn't very good. 

jerseygirl

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 05:15:57 pm »
Hi, Pascale,

I got treated for my AN regrowth at SBI which is a few blocks from HEI, I believe. I flew all the way from NJ for the surgery. I was really happy with the surgery and the post-op care at SBI. Good luck to you no matter what you choose.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

LADavid

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 08:33:42 pm »
Hi Pascale

I had my surgery at House last December.  I agree with Jim, they have some of the best surgeons.  However, that's not all that makes a great clinic.  I do have some issues that I would be glad to share with you if you would PM me.  Also, where are you and what type of surgery do you need?  If you're in the Bay area, I think I've been seeing some good things Stanford -- especially in radiology.  Also, I've heard that UCLA and Cedars have good teams in the LA area.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

chelsmom

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 10:28:18 pm »
Hi Pacale,

My daughter had a very large AN (6 cm) and we took her to UCLA-summer 2006.  I work with a lot of doctors from all over the Palm Springs, Inland Empire, Riverside and Orange County area and without fail they all recommended UCLA for the best all around care.  Even though my daughter had many complications after the surgery and radiation treatments she is now doing fantastic.  She just finished her first year of college, working part time as a tutor, coaches a soccer team and has a full social life.  Every day is a gift.  We are so blessed to have the doctors there on her side and care for her as though she was their own child.  If you would like to PM me with any questions, feel free. 

Michelle

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 10:33:45 pm »
Pascale -

as Jim suggested, you should seriously consider House.  But as David suggested, you should also seriously consider places other than House.

Nothing against House - but there are other places out there that are just as good.

Good luck with your research.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways