Author Topic: Surgery scheduled HEI  (Read 7730 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Surgery scheduled HEI
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 06:52:32 am »
Hi Anita
I Had surgery at HEI. Actually March 7th will be my 1 anniversary ;D. My husband and I took a cab to HEI/St Vincent and it cost I believe around $50-$60 w/tip. Could be slightly less. It is a bit of a distance. Seton Hall is very secure and comfortable for re cooping. Also I enjoyed reading the journal entries book that is located in the kitchen/dining area. You will see my post in there. Have a safe trip and keep us posted. You are in wonderful hands.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 08:16:20 am »
Perhaps everyone is a bit different, but the incision on my abdomen was well below my waist.  Maybe the discomfort in my head camouflaged it, but I had absolutely no pain/discomfort with the abdominal incision and kept forgetting it was even there.

I still have an indentation on that side of my abdomen (my left), where the fat was removed, but otherwise no visible signs.  I am not (nor never was) a bikini wearer, but the spot would be obvious if I were now.

If I were you, I would not take tight-fitting jeans/pants, and you may want some sweats or looser pants when you are not going out.  Normal fitting slacks should not be a problem.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

cindyj

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 01:00:04 pm »
Like Clarice, I kept forgetting about the abdomen incision...wouldn't have given it a thought if the nurse hadn't checked on it periodically.  Pants/shorts didn't bother me a bit...it was just so nice to be out of hospital attire ;D

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

neetze1

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 09:28:44 pm »
Thanks Mindy, Clarice and Cindy! I knew you guys would help me out!  I guess the incision isnt too big to worry too much about.
I will take sweats or yoga pants!
Anita
South Jersey
Translab 3/20/13 at HEI for 3.5 centimeter
Dr. Luxford, Dr. Lekovic, Dr. Stefan

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 06:54:18 am »
Clarice
Oh, yes that lovely abdomen incision. I did not have issues with it either other than its an ugly scar. Mine is on my lower RIGHT side. Which from what I hear Housel normally does the lower left side. I'm once again the oddball. LOL I remember the nurse checking on my incision looking for it on my left side since that is the side they normally do it on but I told her it was on the right side. She was surprised. I think the guy said since I was laying on my left they just did it from that side instead of moving me. Yes loose fitting clothing is best and you don't really want any pull over shirts. That is hard to get over the head.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012