Author Topic: Does anyone actually lose their mind because of tinnitus?  (Read 11890 times)

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
Re: Does anyone actually lose their mind because of tinnitus?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 08:13:28 pm »
well my tinnitus hasn't gotten worse since surgery. about the same level always. and i have gotten used to it. But i'm an Engineer and we can ignore on queue , we are taught to. and i been married for 37 Yrs so tuning out is easy   LOL  :D

i have found background white noise to be essential to help my sleep patterns which arent good in the 1st place. but with the brain to hear rain or streams wind etc. the tinnitus isnt a problem at nite for me.......
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

Patsy1960

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 05:10:50 pm »
 :'( I beginning to think its possible. I have had continous loud like a million cicadas in my head left ear for over 3 weeks now came out of nowhere.  This is why I suspect and AN but hasnt been confirmed yet, i am a little afraid it might be something else. Like they all say here if you get a brain tumor an AN is what you want.  My tinnitus according to DOC second ENT i have seen is caused by scar tissue on my eardrum from a bad ear infection 2 years ago, what?, why would it take 2 years to come on.  And other ENT convinced i have sinus infection so i am on 2 weeks of stong antibiotics. The tinnitus is so loud i cant ignore it. Does anyone have any suggestions for making is less noticable. Hang in there dont think i am much help.
Patsy

bdsgurl

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 07:01:29 pm »
i know this is extremely unusual but my tinnitus went away completely after surgery, i had both pulsatile and white noise etc..tinnitus and they are both gone, so its possible!!!

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 06:21:12 pm »
How wonderful to have your tinnitis to go away, enjoy.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2009, 06:29:06 pm »
i know this is extremely unusual but my tinnitus went away completely after surgery, i had both pulsatile and white noise etc..tinnitus and they are both gone, so its possible!!!

Wow!  Now there's  something to celebrate!  Congratulations!

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways