Author Topic: ear infection  (Read 2056 times)

katiejp

ear infection
« on: August 20, 2008, 09:53:57 am »
i had surgery done on the left side five years ago.  this last week i had my ears cleaned and the doctor said  i had an ear infection and put me on an antibiotic.  now i have been having trouble in the scar area behind my ear, it feels tight and sore. has anyone had this same problem.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: ear infection
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 12:46:05 pm »
Katie:

I had my AN surgery a little over two years ago and haven't experienced any ear infections. I can feel the healed area (scar) where the surgical incision was made but although a bit more sensitive than the surrounding area, it isn't sore, nor should it be, as I understand it. 

I have some doubt that your ear infection or your scar soreness is directly connected to your AN surgery, based on the fact that your surgery was five years ago.  However, I'm not a physician and this is pure speculation on my part.  I suggest you discuss these issues with your doctor and I trust they'll subside quickly. 

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.