Author Topic: AIC Lipoma  (Read 2755 times)

iaclip

AIC Lipoma
« on: March 02, 2013, 04:16:37 pm »
Hi everyone.  I know this is an AN forum, but I thought someone might have some insight about AIC Lipomas.  As mentioned in other posts, it is very rare and not much written on it.  I see a couple people with the diagnosis have posted, but has been a few years ago.
I have been told best to leave the lipoma along and watch and wait.
Been told a BAHA would help with hearing, but a hearing aid would not help.  40-60db lose of all tones.
Does anyone know about the SoundBite?
I am not sure I want to go the BAHA direction.

Thanks
Diagnoised with IAC Lipoma

nftwoed

Re: AIC Lipoma
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 02:54:08 pm »
Hello;

I know of a person who has a SoundBite from another group who really likes it! Another person who has a Transear, raves even more about that. The person did state, however, it took a very patient fitter to get Transears half shell to perfectly match the ear's inner concha. It needed hand sanding. Must say in theory I prefer, and would try sound bite before BAHA. Just personal opinion ...
   Best wishes to you. Bi/Quad Cros Aids do help some people. I've read that as well. It did me for a few years with a good side loss about 40 dB. pure tone average.

iaclip

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 11:25:22 pm »
I have good hearing on the good side.  I am waiting to see if my bad ear qualifies me for unit.  My local ENT has has said for some time that a BAHA would help.
That is good to know someone likes the SoundBite.  I really don't like the sound of the TransEar due to pressure needed in the ear to get it to work.
How long has the SoundBite user had their unit?

iaclip

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 02:07:22 am »
You mentioned another site that someone uses a SoundBite.  Would it be a forum I could go to?