Author Topic: Dr. Jerry House Indianapolis, Indiana  (Read 4103 times)

mommytwoo

Dr. Jerry House Indianapolis, Indiana
« on: April 29, 2006, 01:45:41 pm »
My husband was just diagnosed with a 2cm tumor. We saw Dr. Jerry House and felt very good about our visit. He wants to see him again in 9 months. ( I think that is too long). I hear Dr. House is the best in this area. Who else can/should we see for a second opinion?

Also I am worried because my husband is quite large and a very bad family history of health problems... surgery has a lot of risks any way?

Any suggestion are very welcome!
Thanks

Battyp

Re: Dr. Jerry House Indianapolis, Indiana
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 03:01:40 pm »
First An's typically grow 1 to 2MM a year.  But, I would not be comfortable with waiting 9 mos due to what I went through personally.

You can send his records to house in LA for a second opinion.  Heck I think a lot of places will do that for you as I know I had that option here with Shands and Moffitt.  Have you seen your MRI report to know if it's pressing on anything in his brain?  How does he feel is he symptomatic?  Headaches, hearing, balance?  There's a lot of factors to consider in making a decision but know at ths point he should be a candidate for all forms of treatment but if you wait he might not be.

Check out some other threads in regards to the various types of treatment or you can ask those of us directly.  Most of us have our type of treatment on our signature line.

Both options have risk...I personally think Radiosurgery has the least amount of risk involved but haven't not fully checked that option as it was not an option I was presented with.

Have you ordered the brochures from this site?  They mail them to you and come pretty fast which are loaded with good information.

Please know we're here for you and no question is too silly or redundant!

mommytwoo

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 05:14:05 pm »
He has no symptoms. We actually had (I think) a great radiologist because he was having an MRI for sinus issues. I did get the brochure and we are starting to tackle everything..Thanks,
Julia

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 08:48:54 pm »
Wow! Yes, I'd say,  you had a good radiologist if they picked up the tumor while looking for something else. 

Robquinn9

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 05:40:42 am »
Hello,

My wife had her tumor removed by Dr. House and Dr. Payner at St. Vincents in Indy this past March.

Feel free to contact me: robquinn9@hotmail.com

You are in GREAT hands, I can tell you that much.  Dr. House is a superb doctor.

Rob
Wife had 2.8 x 2.5 Rt Side AN removed by Dr. House, Dr. Payner @ St. Vincents in Indy on 3/13/2006.