Author Topic: Cloudy head...post CK  (Read 6744 times)

kkgriffin

Re: Cloudy head...post CK
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 11:47:50 pm »
It does make me feel better when I see others have the symptoms that I have, sometimes I think I am losing my mind with some of them.  Has anyone experienced cold bothering you.  We have had some extreamly cold weather this year and if I don't wear a had or muffs over my ear I feel pain.  Also if I raise my voice I experience pain, so no yelling at my dogs, they are learning to respond in other ways. 

Joan how are your headaches now and what do you do to help?  I am still having headaches, foggy head and balance issues.

Tumbleweed

Re: Cloudy head...post CK
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 12:37:55 am »
Loud sound caused me pain for probably around six months after getting CK. The worst was a 1-week period about 4-1/2 months after treatments. I couldn't bear to hear people speaking loudly near my left ear.

Loud sound still bothers me but not nearly as much as before. In any case, this is a normal -- and unfortunate -- symptom of damage to the hearing nerve. It can happen simply from having an AN. Irritation to the nerve from having radiotherapy may seem to make it worse, but it's hard to say whether it would've worsened without treatments. Remember, it takes a long while for an AN to die after being irradiated. During that time, it is still degrading the hearing nerve.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08