Author Topic: Study by Dr. Brian Westerberg  (Read 3792 times)

opp2

Study by Dr. Brian Westerberg
« on: May 25, 2010, 06:22:37 pm »
http://www.quadrarotary.org/Brian_Westerberg.html

click on the red link on the page.

Dr W. wanted me to start using Wii fit balance games as soon as I came back from my consult. Frustrating sometimes. My balance sucks. My 5 year old does bettern' me  :P
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
Re: Study by Dr. Brian Westerberg
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:46:21 pm »
Nice article!   My insurance would have covered the Wii Fit for vestibular therapy...if I hadn't already had it.    Glad it is getting more notice.   Even my physical therapist had it at her office and highly recommends it for vestibular therapy.   

Did you start using it?  Do you like it?   I think it helped me out a lot overall, but my boys liked to laugh at me  so we had fun with it.
Funny how much better kids are at things sometimes  :)

Thanks for posting!
Denise

W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

tenai98

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 06:43:46 am »
I went and bought the WII fit before my surgery and when I was able to, after surgery started using it.  I do believe it helped and I lost weight too.
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

opp2

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 06:57:20 am »
I use it all the time. Mostly to do yoga. I find the balance games a lot of fun, but only if my kids are here, laughing at/with me. The yoga is also good balance exercise. It makes me laugh when the coach says 'well done' 'your left side doesn't seem as stable as your right, keep at it everyday...' then I score like 40 pts or something. Yoga novice.

I believe it does help Denise yes, but I have to admit I took about a month off an my scores tanked. I believe it is something I may have to continue working at. I'm looking forward to having it after surgery too.

I did lose weight too Jo, but I only used the wii to do the body test. I've scored between 35 and 78 for my wi fit age. depends on the day I guess. Yesterday I was a 53, the day before a 43? My real age is 45.

Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 11:47:20 am »
Nikki,

You should see me on Wii fit.  Hysterical!!  I can so relate to your kids laughing with/at you.  Mine are much older than yours and a real pain in the butt when they get going and I'm their object of ridicule  ;)

Thanks for making my day! hehehehe I'm not alone  :-*

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games