Author Topic: Ten Weeks Post Op Update  (Read 1740 times)

beachmommy

Ten Weeks Post Op Update
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:33:42 am »
As you know from my last post, I was cleared by my surgeon to go and live a happy life. I have started to do just that.

I had experienced a ringer of a headache that lasted several days right before I last posted and it was so painful that I actually cried. I sort of had the distinct feeling that the headache was related to ovulating, as I went off birth control pills upon the advice of my doctors just two days after the surgery.

Now a new month has entirely passed I am happy to report that I have had no dizziness or headache issues, related to my cycle, diet or anything else.

I am driving, highways, in town, rainy weather... It is all good, but I will stick to day time only for a couple months. I can back in and out of spaces, but am still too chicken to try parallel parking... maybe next week.

I have been hiking in the woods, back to work teaching preschool with active four and five year olds pulline me happily across the playground to play.

I got into a kayak for the first time post op recently and was able to float, paddle and turn the boat, although I need a few more tries before I will feel like it is not an active cognitive effort. I will stay protected, shallow conditions... also I will wait until the water warms up because I know a capsize will be likely, lol.

Very anxious to get on a bicycle that can actually go somewhere, so that will happen soon, too.

I have a final appointment with my physical therapist to re-assess and get advice regarding long term stuff to continue to do.

So I am really grateful to report that everything so far has gone quite well.

My husband and I took the children out for Indian food, something they have only been exposed to through my homemade mandatory low sodium cooking requirements, so now that we no longer have to watch for that, it was an amazing treat.

Lizard

Re: Ten Weeks Post Op Update
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:28:53 am »
I'm so happy for you, seems you are progressing along just wonderfully  ;D
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Ten Weeks Post Op Update
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:25:09 pm »
Beachmommy ~

Thanks for the update - and congratulations on a nicely progressing recovery from AN surgery.  Your steady, progressive approach to regaining normalcy (doing everything you did, pre-AN/surgery) seems to be working very well for you.  I trust that will continue. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.