Author Topic: Fat graft leaking  (Read 8148 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Fat graft leaking
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 06:38:19 am »
Wendy -

while it's generally good to be Queen - of anything  ;) - I'm sorry to hear your head is still leaking.  But as K said, thank goodness it hasn't lead to an infection or anything else.  I'd hate to see you have to deal with a PICC line, even though Debbie's lemon was quite portable.

Hopefully your leak will run it's course by October 3rd and Dr. Choe won't have to get out his needle and thread again.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 01:39:51 pm »
Hi Jan,
I know you and K are right -- I'd rather not have an infectrion especially considering what Debbi went through.  I've thought and worried about that possibility.  So far so good despite the leak.  My incision was leaking earlier today but has stopped again for now.  Every time this happens I can't help but hope it's over and be at least a little bit frustrated that it's not.  I'm hoping again...

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

wendysig

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 09:44:07 pm »
Hi all,
Well I really think my incision is trying to stop leaking.  It leaks, and sometimes quite a bit, but almost always in the morning and early afternoon.  The drainage (yuck!!) seems to be getting lighter in color too which I take to mean whatever toxins were leaking out along with my fat (yes that's still coming out too, but only a little) must be almost all cleared out --YAY!  The part of my head directly behind my ear still feel slightly swollen, but this could be and probably is still from the trauma of having  had surgery, not from a lot of fluid in and beneath my skin. I can't help but wonder if I can feel the titanium mesh plate too.   I know I've said it before and been wrong but I really think this is almost over!!!

Crossing my fingers for myself this time,
wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 06:15:11 am »
Got my fingers crossed for you, Wendy.  Time for a new (hopefully better!) chapter for you.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 06:18:14 am »
Some people will do anything to be "queen".  :D  Seriously Wendy, it can't go on forever that way, so just take it one day at a time (are you laughing yet at me telling you to be patient??)
Hope you are dethroned soon,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

wendysig

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 06:59:20 am »
Hi Debbi and thanks.  I agree this chapter of my recovery is just going on and on, time for a new one.  My incision was dry when I got up and is still dry.  I am thinking dry thoughts.  Good luck to you today.  Let us know asap what Dr. Golfinos saysl

Hi Marci,
I did laugh when I read your post but because you said some people will do anything to be "queen".  I will gladly give up my title as soon as I can!

Wendy - ready and willing to abdicate my claim to the throne

2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!