Author Topic: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009  (Read 151497 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009
« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2009, 09:11:59 pm »
Ah, apparently we have two (or maybe more ?) users named Lois.

Boppie (Lois) is from Texas, I believe, and she has twin grandsons.

Regardless, I'm glad you are attending the symposium, Lois.  And I look forward to meeting you there  ;D

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #346 on: May 26, 2009, 09:24:45 pm »
Still More updates!!!   Looks like there has to be a Welcome to Chicago party on Thursday night too! Tell me what date you plan to arrive and what date you plan to leave.  You can post or PM me.  That way we will have the list of people visiting throughout the weekend.

Name       Hotel           Arrival Date                      Departure Date
Marci         Drake              Saturday                       Sunday
Phyl           Drake              Thursday                       Sunday
Kate           Drake             Thursday                        Sunday evening
Jan             Drake             Thursday                       Sunday evening
Clarice        Drake             Thursday                       Sunday
Lori’s  plan (not booked yet)Thursday                      Sunday
Cheryl R      Drake            Thursday                        Tuesday or Wednesday
Meagan       Drake            Thursday                            Sunday
Kay             Drake             Thursday                       Monday
Steve          Drake             Thursday                       Sunday
Samantha     Drake               Thursday                      Sunday
Lilan           commuting             will meet up with us       
Debbi         Knickerbocker   Friday                      Tuesday
Karen          Drake               Friday                  Sunday
Lois             Drake               Thursday             Sunday
4cm (Daisy Maizy)                  ?                          ?
Captain Deb
Migoi (Tim)   Drake                      Thursday             Sunday evening
Elderbirds     Wyndham Chicago  Thursday          Sunday
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:07:02 pm by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2009, 09:33:36 pm »

Kate B or Jan or anyone... overflow or cheaper hotels in close proximity to the Drake... anyone? Suggestions? Anyone? Bueller?

thanks!
Phyl
[/quote]

Hi Phyl,
I would check out the discount sites and look at the areas called Magnificent Mile or River North.  Do not choose Loop, Museum Campus or O'Hare. They are further away (especially O'Hare).
If you find something cheaper, remember to factor in cab fare at about 7-8 per way.
The Drake was $199.00.  You can make a tentative reservation there as there is a three day cancellation period with no fees.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:35:55 pm by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

sgerrard

« Reply #348 on: May 27, 2009, 12:29:24 am »
Migoi (Tim)   Drake                      Thursday             Sunday evening

Hey Tim,

Should we plan a boys' night out?  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

suboo73

« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2009, 03:18:09 am »
Hi Phyl!

K has quite a list going there!
How many people usually attend?
Just curious....   :-\

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #350 on: May 27, 2009, 05:22:35 am »
Jan, you rawk! :) Thank you! I believe this woman is lurking this thread (I've pointed her to it and as of now, she has not created a profile... *waves hello to WTT mystery woman! :) *   What you shared is major help and truly appreciated. I figured anything downtown Chicago is going to be expensive anyway.  She can compare, based on her budget, to see what she can find.

Thanks again!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2009, 05:31:40 am »
Yea, Hope's attending.  Glad to see that, Hope.  Looking forward to meeting you  ;D

Steve -

sounds like you and Tim might want to invite the girls to the boys' night out.  It might get pretty lonely  ;)  But if you're buying the drinks, it will definitely be cheaper  ;D

Kate -

any news on MaryBKAriz?  I thought she mentioned months ago that she and her husband would be traveling to the symposium in their RV, but haven't seen any posts from her lately.  I hope the symposium's still part of her summer plans.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2009, 05:35:43 am »
Hi Phyl,
I would check out the discount sites and look at the areas called Magnificent Mile or River North.  Do not choose Loop, Museum Campus or O'Hare. They are further away (especially O'Hare).
If you find something cheaper, remember to factor in cab fare at about 7-8 per way.
The Drake was $199.00.  You can make a tentative reservation there as there is a three day cancellation period with no fees.

Missed this.. thanks Kate! :) Truly appreciate it and will share this with her.

:)

P.S. HI SUE! :) See you there!

Tim/Steve... I'm in! I know it's a *coff* boys drink night but heck...... my voice is low/deep so I can pass! :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Cheryl R

« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2009, 07:34:34 am »
There is usually around 200 at the last 3 symposiums that I have been to.      A few repeaters who do not post here.          I have seen some Calif people more than once,also one Texas couple.  A Michigan couple who are NF2 group leaders as their son has NF2.   So the large group sessions have to be in a large type room and also where we eat.           But the forum people find each other real fast!                                               Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2009, 12:44:58 pm »
I soooo wanted to come, but I cannot make any commitments with my FIL being terminal.  He was given 3 months, and him being the feisty fellow that he is will last longer!!  Which is good thing if he is comfortable.  My son Anthony had to cancel his trip to Italy.  He was going to be gone from June 24 to July 24.  Just cannot risk it. 

I will have to read all about it on the forum.  Please post lots of pictures.  Looks like there is going to be a really big party in Chicago and I'm missing it  :'(

I'll just cry myself to sleep tonight and I'll just have to get over it!!!  ;D

Anne Marie

Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Kaybo

« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2009, 01:46:15 pm »
Oh, Anne Marie, so wish you could be there too!  Sorry things are so crummy for you right now-i would give you a big ole hug if I could!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2009, 02:21:58 pm »
Oh, Anne Marie, so wish you could be there too!  Sorry things are so crummy for you right now-i would give you a big ole hug if I could!!

K

I'm feeling a love fest huggle on this one as well... but.. maybe we can stand at the lake's shore, look across and know we are sending hugglez and vibes to Ann Marie across the way?   :'(

Phyl

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2009, 10:07:24 pm »
Anne Marie, we'll definitely miss you  :'(  Maybe we can all plan on 2011  ;D

Been giving some thought to the boys' night out.  Wasn't Pooter supposed to be attending the symposium - possibly with Jenni?

Pooter are you in ??

And Sue - are you coming? or were you just asking how many usually attend?  Hope you're going  ;D

Jan

suboo73

« Reply #358 on: May 28, 2009, 03:47:03 am »
Anne Marie, 

I am sorry you will not be able to attend the Convention, but certainly understand your position...
My dad had a minor stroke last week and i have been waiting to see how things go for him and my mom.
(He is doing better and is currently in Rehab.)

So - originally i was thinking about talking my sister (aka BigSister) into coming with me to Chicago - but things are abit unsteady right now for our family, and my sister lives closer to my parents so she is helping out alot more than i am able to at the moment.

Cheryl - thanks for the information about how many usually attend the event.  It sounds like there will be a lot of fantastic folks there!   ;D
Jan - the answer to your question then is, i don't know if i can attend....  It sure would be nice to meet everyone, but i will have to do a wait & see, which, for someone who is in W & W mode anyway, is just the new norm for me.  (Thanks for asking)!  If i get the chance, i will come - always do more things these days 'flying by the seat of my pants,' so that will be ok!

I will continue to read the updates on this thread, and maybe will be the surprise, last minute attendee!

Take lots of pics, as Anne Marie suggests - if we are not there physically, we will be there in spirit!

Sincerely,
Sue

suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #359 on: May 28, 2009, 06:59:34 am »
Sue -

I'm sorry to hear about you dad.  I hope everything turns out okay for him.

You can join Kaybo and me in the "flying by the seat of your pants" category any time, and while I definitely hope you get to Chicago, like I told Anne Marie, there's always 2011.

Best,

Jan