Author Topic: Symptoms from neck arthritis????  (Read 5599 times)

Ingy M

Symptoms from neck arthritis????
« on: February 23, 2007, 03:53:31 pm »
Hi everyone,
Just to remind you, I have not been dx with AN.  My Mri is on the 3rd.
However, I did go see my GP and got the results back from a simple neck xray. He told me my neck has a fair amount of arthritis in it.
He said he doubted very much my AN symptoms are all due to an Acoustic Neuroma. I think he's wrong...
Question: can arthritis cause AN symptoms?  I know many things can cause these symptoms but I have never heard of arthritis causing hearing loss, dizziness ect. I sure can see that it would cause my daily headaches, but it just doesn't seem to make sense.  I hope none of you think I am putting the cart before the horse by worrying about something that may not be, but I feel in my gut that it is an AN. I just want my MRI. Deep inside I am hoping they find something. I know that's weird but It would give a sense of sanity.

ingy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:55:37 pm by Ingy M »

1wareagle

Re: Symptoms from neck arthritis????
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 04:26:16 pm »
ingy,

For years my neck hurt before I found out I had an AN. After I found out I had the AN  I called Dr. Brackmann at House Ear Clinic to look at my x-rays. He asked what problems I was having besides the hearing loss. I told him about my neck pains and having to buy new pillows each month. He told me that where the AN was sitting was causing all the problems with my neck. He was right because I don't have the problem now after the surgery.

Ellis
Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)

Ingy M

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 04:34:50 pm »
See, that's what I'm thinking.  That makes more sense to me. I do believe that the arthritis is causing some problems like the snap- crackle- pop I hear all the time at the base of my skull. God, if I have this,  I hope it's not that big.   

Dealy

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 09:38:41 am »
I also have been diagnosed with Arthritis in the Neck. My AN is on the right side-but I get alot of symptoms on the left. Wondering if this is connected. I also was told that I have a pinched nerve in my neck. MY neck is sore alot. Alot of evenings I have started to sleep with a heating pad stuck in my pillow casing turned on low-seems to help my neck pain. I did this on my own-no advice from a doctor . It would be interesting to find out also what significance that your Arthrirtis plays out on your diagnosis. That is what is good in a way about this site. You find people having the same things-conditions you do besides AN's. Of course I realize that has not been confirmed with you yet. Best Wishes. Ron