Author Topic: I finished my FSR 2 weeks ago--feeling great!  (Read 2454 times)

BeJoi

I finished my FSR 2 weeks ago--feeling great!
« on: August 10, 2007, 04:34:11 pm »
I finshed my 28 sesions of FSR on the Trilogy System two weeks ago.  It all went very well and now I'll watch and wait to see if the tumor dies and doesn't grow.  I did lose a few small patches of hair and I hope they'll grow back.  These patches concealed by the rest of my hair, so it's really not a problem.

I was very stressed during the 6 weeks.  Most of that was due to having to wake up so early for the treatments--I had to be there by 6 am every morning.  Being a menopausal woman, the whole schedule really interfered with my sleeping habits because I usually wake in the middle of the night and then go back to sleep about the time I had to awaken for my treatments. 

But I made it through and now, two weeks later, I'm feeling a lot of renewed energy and enthusisam for my life again.  No matter how easy the treamtent feels, the whole thing--from diagnosis to treatment to follow-up--is very stressful and I'm glad I took it slow and slept as much as possible during the 6 weeks.  It also happened to be a very slow time for my business, so that helped a lot.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions about the procedures, the mask, or anything else, feel free to write me. 

Beverly

Betsy

Re: I finished my FSR 2 weeks ago--feeling great!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:54:26 pm »
Yea Beverly!  You have my deepest admiration, not just for completing treatment, but for getting up that early for six straight weeks.  My own Trilogy treatment is about 11 days away.  I'm having the one-shot deal, but they're still making me come in at the crack of dawn.

Thats great news about the renewed energy and enthusiasm too!

Betsy
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

BeJoi

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 08:04:58 am »
Thanks Bruce and Betsy for your support.  And, good luck with your treatment Betsy.  The crack of dawn should not be too  bad for a one time deal.  Your adrenalin is up anyway, and you'll probably spring out of bed.  But 28 days of it was enough to drive me bananas.  Although coming home everyday with the sunrise in front of me was a treat.  I rarely see it here in Atlanta.  You'll do great Betsy and I look forward to hearing about it afterwards.

Beverly

mema

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 10:24:36 am »
Beverly,                                                                                                                                                                                 

Great news!  Glad everything went fine.  You'll probably feel a little stressed before your MRI checkups, but we all do.  As long as the bugger stops growing is all we all can hope for.                                                                                                                               

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.