Author Topic: Post by WOW! Didn't want this to get lost in a different thread.  (Read 2209 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
(posted in the Good Morning Thread... didn't want this to get lost..... Wow, welcome and we're here for you! Phyllis)

Hi,
I',m new.  MF surgery on left ear Feb. 16, 06.  Doing fairly well.  Questions about vision problems and sleep.  I have acute apnea and cannot use my CPAP machine.  I am sleeping in an "electric chair"
electric motioned recliner( til June).  Take a sleeping pill but sometimes it doesn't work.  Tinnitus gets louder at night when it's quiet. Facial paralysis improved tremendously, vertigo considerably improved.  Told provoking the brain (doing what you know makes you dizzy within safety) helps the brain to heal faster.  Using a treadmill 3 hours a week, shopping, movies, restaurants, walking, whatever.  Wouldn't pass a breatholyzer just yet, though.  Hearing almost all gone on left.  Very difficult in crowds of people talking.  Makes me up tight because I can't hear on that side.  Anyone out there have the same problems?

Peace, Love, and Good Health to all,
WOW
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

Re: Post by WOW! Didn't want this to get lost in a different thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 08:27:46 am »
Wow welcome to the world of AN!  I find myself getting anxious out in public.  I too was told by the General Doc that stimulation will help you heal faster but...in my first 2 months I was so wobbly that was hard to do.  I had photosensitive eyes which also didn't help anything but it's gotten better it just took a long time. I'm still having issues but am able to read, see the tv, drive during the day with sunglasses etc...Use a mini flashlight in the movies or you'll end up sitting in some strangers lap like I did  :o)  I dont' adjust well in the dark due to the vestibular problems.  Resturants are a challenge and it does all come down to positioning and telling reminding the person you are dining with you have trouble hearing in loud places.  I got scolded last week while out lunching with my boss as the lady behind us thought I talked to loud.  Volme control is a problem.  Hang in there it gets better! 

WOW

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 08:49:49 am »
Hi,

Ppearl,
Could you tell me how to unsubscribe from the "Good Morning" link?  Seems like you are all having loads of fun in the "pirate world".  Sounds like I am old enough to be your moms.  Anyhow,  thanks for the good wishes.  Hope you and the rest of the crew improve quickly and return to good health.

Peace,

WOW ;)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 09:33:28 am »
Hi WOW,

not sure how to "unsubscribe" but unless you are ready for wenchy reads, I'd just ignore it if it is not to your liking... no worries.. but glad to help in anyway I can.... and truly do hope that any and all inquiries/queries you have regarding your AN situation or such can be helped by any of us here.

Glad to help... that is why this is a terrific "support" group! I have learned the terrific way here and hope you find what you need.

Hang in there.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"