Author Topic: 9 Days till Surgery *Anxiety sure sucks*  (Read 2812 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
9 Days till Surgery *Anxiety sure sucks*
« on: February 28, 2012, 08:03:57 am »
I have to say anxiety is not my friend  :(
I want to say thank you for those who have PM'd me telling me their stories and giving me reassurance. I appreciate all you guys here.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Archer

Re: 9 Days till Surgery *Anxiety sure sucks*
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:14:52 am »
Anxious week ahead for sure.  Just keep your eye on time a little further out.  In two or three weeks you will be home and recuperating.  All the tough stuff will be behind you.  You are in good hands at House.  You're going to come through it all just fine.  This winter in ND has been a breeze and spring is just around the corner.  You are going to be enjoying summer before you know it.

God Bless you!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:30 am »
Hi Mindy .....

Many of us can attest to the feelings of anxiety pre-op.  You would be rather abnormal if you were looking forward to the whole process.  That being said ..... try to focus on doing things around home that will make things a bit easier afterwards.  If you have time, try to finish up loose ends of projects and/or prepare some quick meals for the freezer and/or find comedies on TV or Netflix to watch.  Then, get a good book to read on the flight to LA and during the pre-op testing.

You know you are in good hands (literally) with Drs. Friedman and Schwartz so you can relax about that part.  Many, many prayers are being said on your behalf so let those surround you as you go through the next couple of weeks.  Truthfully, two weeks from now you will wonder why you were so stressed.

Best thoughts and many prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 09:28:09 am »
Well Mindy, I know it sucks that you have to go through all this, especially after having CK done...but Clairice is right...you are no longer in the driver's seat and are in excellent hands.  Try to get through this with a peaceful mind...all will be good! Take care and good luck...prayers sent your way!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 01:31:14 pm »
I am exactly one week from surgery and my son tested positive for strep. Goodness. I emailed Dr. Friedman and asked questions just in case I get it. He said to get on a prophylactic augmentin. So I had my doctor call it in. This is a procautionary I guess. *sigh*
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

cindyj

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 02:17:43 pm »
That's probably a very good thing to be on the antibiotic - should ward off any other things you may get exposed to prior to surgery.  That was one of my worries as I headed out to LA - was afraid I'd get sick and be all the way out and they not do the surgery...I used a whole bottle of hand sanitizer up in just a few days :o I know of some folks who used a mask while on the flight out...

Hope your son feels better soon! 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings