Author Topic: The time has come  (Read 2751 times)

lorjacks

The time has come
« on: April 09, 2014, 10:53:26 am »
Hi all on the W&W front. After 5 years in W&W, I'm sorry to say that the time has come for me to move on to the radiosurgery board. My AN has grown a bit bigger over the past 2 years so it's time. I'd like to thank all the members of the academy.... ok, kidding.

In case this could help anyone, my decisions are based on a few big factors in my life that would make surgery too difficult. #1 I'm a coward  :-\ but that's not a real reason... I could butch up if I had to. #2 I have spinal stenosis of the cervical spine and don't think I could do a long surgery. #3 I am the caretaker for my 89 year old mother and brother who is in 4th stage cirrhosis of the liver. I have to be there for them. #4 the only factor that I'm happy about, ... we just bought a second house of my dreams in N. FL and I have to keep working to support it.

So that is all. I am just starting this journey. My husband and I are going to see Dr. Eshrahgi at the University of Miami for a first consult.
Wish me luck and prayers... thank you
Loree J.
diagnosed in 2009
W&W 5 years
AN grew to 2.4
CK at the University of Miami Sylvester Center
July 30, 2014
"By heaven, man, we are turned round and round in this world, like yonder windlass, and Fate is the handspike"... Melville

Echo

Re: The time has come
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:42:55 pm »
Hi Loree,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Postie Toastie side of the fence, sounds like you will soon be with us!  :D   I completely understand how tough this decision has been for you.  I'm sure you'll do just fine and your treatment will be overwith before you know it.

Take care,
Cathie.
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital

sandyinwisconsin

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 03:55:30 pm »
Welcome,

I had low dose radiation treatments to help preserve my hearing and balance.
Let me know if you have any questions.

SandyinWisconsin
1 cm AN deep in the boney canal.  Treated with 26 treatments of radiation in December, 2013.  Please pray with me that this worked.

lorjacks

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 03:00:22 pm »
Thank you  :)
I am looking into low dosage and am trying to learn more about it before I go see the doctor
L.
diagnosed in 2009
W&W 5 years
AN grew to 2.4
CK at the University of Miami Sylvester Center
July 30, 2014
"By heaven, man, we are turned round and round in this world, like yonder windlass, and Fate is the handspike"... Melville