Author Topic: pretreatment eyelid twitching  (Read 4894 times)

vjharris

pretreatment eyelid twitching
« on: July 04, 2005, 07:23:52 pm »
I am currently "watch and waiting" with a 2 CM right side tumor. No hearing loss or dizzyness. My next MRI is August, when the Dr. says we will treat the tumor if it has grown. or if symptoms begin. Aside from occasional headaches (Dr.s say are unrelated), the only thing I have noticed lately is eyelid twitching in the left eye. I've had it in the past, but it seems much more frequent lately. Was that ever a symptom for anybody else...or am I imagining things?

2.2x2.37 right side meningioma or acoustic neuroma
Gamma Knife Dec 5, 2006

Goldineye

Re: pretreatment eyelid twitching
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 11:02:59 pm »
Hi, I also had eye lid twitching. It is not your imagination. But do your self a favor dont wait too long. My AN was 3.5 cm and I had lots of problems. Get rid of it now while you don't have many symptoms. Usually they wait and watch when a tumer is real small .Check out 2-3 docter oppionions and figure out what you want to do before it grows any bigger. Gos Bless   Goldneye  P.S. If you have any questions you can contact me
Lori
3.5cm removed April7,2004
N.Y.U, New York

kristin

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 06:00:52 pm »
my left (AN side) eye twitched about 3 months before i was dx'd. my sister who works for an optomologist said it was stress related. i told her that the only stress i had was from my eye twitching! kind of a catch-22. it wasn't until after my AN dx that it made sense.
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

lthompson

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 12:52:26 pm »
Hi, I currently have a small AN and to date, still "wait and watch" and I had eye lid twiching and facial twitching that drove me crazy on and off for about two months and I went to the opthomologist about it and they said it was a combination of too much caffeine and stress.  Two months later I was diagnosed with a 5mm AN on the same side as my twitching and after speaking with numerous doctors, all were in agreement that the twitching was related to my AN.  That was in early 2004, and my twitching has not returned in 1-1/2 years.  So hopefully yours is just temporary and will go away.   

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 05:17:40 pm »
I also have eye and also uper lip twitching but both are on my left(AN) side. Mine comes and goes just like the other symptoms. Really gets on my "nerves"(pun intended). I agree with Goldeneye about not waiting too long. Get a second opinion and a third if needed. I feel the longer it stays and the larger it gets, the longer recovery might be. Anyway, good luck to you.
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.