Author Topic: 7 Months Post-Op Headaches, Eye Twitching and Eye Watering  (Read 3201 times)

jarthur235

7 Months Post-Op Headaches, Eye Twitching and Eye Watering
« on: June 19, 2014, 08:23:20 am »
My 30 yr old partner is 7 months post-op from his left side AN.  It was slightly smaller than a golf ball.  It was fully removed with no margins remaining, and did not need radiation.  He has permanently lost all hearing and had facial paralysis for approximately 6 weeks.  He has regained control of about 98% of his facial control and has comparatively minimal side effects now.  The main three issues are headaches, eye twitching and eye watering.  He gets headaches from sneezing, exercising, or sudden movement.  Recently his left eye has started twitching non-stop and it waters when he eats.

Has anyone else had any similar issues post-op?  Any advice is appreciated.

robertwh2

• Personal Blog
Re: 7 Months Post-Op Headaches, Eye Twitching and Eye Watering
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:13:21 pm »
I am now 4 years post op and my AN side eye waters.  No rhyme or reason why, it just does. Sometimes a lot others very little,  I have found no reason for it or cure.  It is more of a nuisance than anything else. 
Diagnosed Feb 2010 with 2.3cm x 3.2cm left side AN
Trans Lab May 26, 2010 tumor had grown to 4.5cm, University of Michigan
Subsequent MRIs are clear
Left single sided deafness

rbc892

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:31:53 pm »
What type of surgery did your partner have? I am considering surgery but very concerned about headaches and balance issues.

TexasSprinter

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:48:42 pm »
I am almost 6 months post-op.  No eye twitching or watering but I have had headaches. Bumpy car rides, coughing/sneezing, and bending over can cause them but every now and then I get one for no reason. The headaches seem to be getting fewer and farther between so hopefully they will fade away. hope things continue to improve for your colleague.

jarthur235

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 01:20:59 pm »
RobertWH2--Thank you for the response.  I know that some issues are ongoing, sometimes its difficult to know which ones will stay and which ones won't.  And it is especially difficult when there is no explanation or warning.

RBC892--I apologize, however I don't remember the name of the surgery he had.  I know that they opened his head and cut out the tumor.  He has headaches that TexasSprinter has described, but not as many balance issues that others have described.  We do a lot of shop type work building and climbing ladders and he has no issue.  He is in the military and had some issues with balance during PT a few months after surgery, but has no issues with it now as far as I know.  He doesn't complain about anything.

TexasSprinter--Thank you for your input as well.  The headaches do seem to be getting fewer and farther in between.  And less intense as well.  All major blessings.  I hope things continue to improve daily for you as well.