Author Topic: This Week In The Ever Capricious AN World  (Read 4681 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: This Week In The Ever Capricious AN World
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 11:36:47 pm »
And Jan, the reason why I posted in two places was just to confuse you.  Actually it's just me -- until folks get used to the PreOp Options place, I didn't want anyone to go un-noticed.  But if it is confusing, I won't do it -- maybe just pop reminders around.

Well, David, just stop posting in 2 places because it IS confusing me!  Afterall, we all know it's all about me  ;)  LOL

Seriously, don't change things on my account.  I think, that like Tammy, I'm just having a heck of a time keeping up with things.  There are so many posts lately!  I miss one day and it seems like I've missed a whole lot!

Best of luck, Russell.  It seems like just yesterday you were trying to decide on your treatment option, and now you are having surgery.  I'm confident things will go well for you.  Please let us know how things turn out.

Actually, K, we are both two syllables - Kaybo and Janet - which puts us both right up there with Lori, Wendy, and David.

Yes, it's true, I am technically a Janet  :P   But very few people, outside of my family, call me that - and when they do I just cringe!  For some reason I've just never liked that name - at least for me.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 05:40:59 pm »
Late entry to this week's "events".

Konnie had surgery just this morning with Drs. Wiet and Kazan at Hinsdale Hospital for a rather large AN.  Her surgery was expected to last 10-14 hours, but it was over quicker and she is in ICU and doing well.  Konnie's AN was just diagnosed very recently, so as you can imagine, she's been in a whirlwind situation.

I have been PM'g back and forth with Konnie for several days now, but didn't remember to put her big day on the AN calendar.  Yes, I know, I know, I always remind others and then I dropped the ball myself  :P  But I did add it the calendar just now.

Anyway, please keep Konnie and her family in your thoughts and prayers.  Her sister, Debbie (seems to be a very popular name around the forum) will be Konnie's scribe until she's up to posting for herself.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 06:37:16 pm »
Also haven't heard anything from rsteph, whose surgery was yesterday.  I don't think anyone is posting for him.  It's making me crazy not to know how he's doing.  Hopefully he'll be home in a few days (fingers crossed) and will pm me.  I'll keep you posted.
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

LADavid

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 06:40:18 pm »
Wow, with Konnie , Russell and Nancy added late --  this really turned out to be a busy week.  I'm now waiting on on Nancy's (NL) fiance to call about her surgery.  She was scheduled for today at 1:30.  Good to hear about Konnie's success..

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments