Author Topic: It's a Quiet Week 9/1 in the AN Neighborhood  (Read 1842 times)

LADavid

It's a Quiet Week 9/1 in the AN Neighborhood
« on: August 31, 2008, 07:49:01 pm »
Wow, after a wild July and August, we hit a quiet week.  No surgeries.  Sherry and Jeanlea, you have the stage to yourselves.

On Wednesday,  Sherry (Sher) has a date with the brain machine.  She is having her 3 month MRI and needs all the support she can get.  By the way, Sherry is from Utah -- which goes back to my AN epidemic in the Rockies theory (Kathleen, Coloradogal, Nancy Drew).  Do you all drink Coors or something like that that you could catch an AN from?  Are there any fish-hatcheries nearby?  I know Kathleen is a Scots-Irish.  How about the rest of you? (David asks, knowing that he is on to something big).  Kidding aside, I hope all goes well on Wednesday Sherry.  We'll be thinking of you.

And on Saturday, Jeanlea has her three year brainbooger-killer anniversary.  Yea Jeanlea!!!!!  By the way, I love your progression pictures.  It's amazing in the 6 months since I've been on to see the improvement.  For those of you who don't know, Jeanlea is one of the few people who regularly put up her postie palsy shots.  I applaud you for your courage.  Someday when I get brave I'll quit being the smiling prebie cowboy and show the postie synkinesis snarl -- maybe.

Have a great Labor Day all and a great week.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: It's a Quiet Week 9/1 in the AN Neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 09:06:57 pm »
Best wishes, Sherry, I hope your MRI results are very positive.

And, Jeanlea, happy anniversary!  As David said, your progression pictures are amazing! 

Jan
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:35:41 pm by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

Re: It's a Quiet Week 9/1 in the AN Neighborhood
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 07:28:17 pm »
Good luck Sherry - Hope your MRI results are oly good news!    Happy Anniversary Jeanlea!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!