Author Topic: Pooter's surgery updates  (Read 82635 times)

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: Pooter's surgery updates
« Reply #360 on: July 07, 2008, 10:27:50 pm »
Pooter,

Glad your home. Continued prayers and well wishes being sent your way.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #361 on: July 08, 2008, 08:44:15 am »
Hi Brian-

Glad you're home and on the mend again.  Boppie is right - don't overdo!

Willie and I are planning on going to the symposium next year, so we look forward to meeting you and Jenni and everyone else there!  Let's hope we're all healed up by then!

Hang in there, my friend.

Debbi, still healing in NJ
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #362 on: July 08, 2008, 09:25:15 am »
Willie and I are planning on going to the symposium next year, so we look forward to meeting you and Jenni and everyone else there!  Let's hope we're all healed up by then!

shhhhhhhhhhh.... I'm confirmed to be there next year... although not sure if the bloke will make the trip with me..... esp. since I missed last year's due to his USA arrival from the UK.   See you there!  :-*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wendysig

« Reply #363 on: July 08, 2008, 03:21:18 pm »
Brian,
I just stopped by briefly, mostly to check on you and Debbi since my computer time is short while I'm on vacation.  I'm really glad to hear you sounding so much better and hope it continues.  Try not to overdo it even though I know the temptation is there since you are feeling better.  As Jan said, baby steps.

Best wishes,

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #364 on: July 08, 2008, 03:49:24 pm »
Yea! Phyl will be there giving free beer and free trips on the moderator jet!?!?  Oh, happy day!  Or, was that only for me and Jenni?  I forget.. Yknow how the mind goes.

I am going slow.. I promise.  We've lost about 25% of our work force in the last month or so, so I should get back soon.. I'm taking a few days for Jenni and me, but back at it soon enough.  My current plan has me back at work part time (again) later this week.  I'll adjust as I need to.  Work isn't everything, but it's my home away from home.  In fact, I just got off the phone with my boss and my co-worker cuz it looks like we need to lose one of my guys and we had to decide which one.  That's never an easy decision.  I'm anxious to move on to the next stage of my reocovery though, which involves getting back to work and driving again.

Thanks all!!  Really!  I appreciate it!

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #365 on: July 08, 2008, 05:22:32 pm »
Yea! Phyl will be there giving free beer and free trips on the moderator jet!?!?  Oh, happy day!  Or, was that only for me and Jenni?  I forget.. Yknow how the mind goes.

I think Phyl saying she's "confirmed to be there" is code for "I'm buying all the beer".

At least that's what I translate it as  ;D

I'll be there myself, but I'm not "confirmed" like Phyl - so I guess I'm off the hook for all drinks except Pooter & Jenni's first two   ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #366 on: July 09, 2008, 07:50:07 am »
Hi Jan,
Bioy, Phyl is certainly generous, paying people to agree with her, buying all the beers at the symposium, the giving never ends!!  Maybe we should do something special for her!!!  How about a free gift basket of some kind?

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #367 on: July 09, 2008, 08:04:38 am »
I've got some leftover surgical tape - can we use that in the gift basket?  And, how about one of the surgical-glove turkeys?

ah, Phyl, you know we all love ya!

Pooter, take it easy!!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lori67

« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2008, 09:16:37 am »
Phyl would just love that!  I have some unused eye bubbles and a coupon for Refresh PM gel I can donate to the basket.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2008, 10:15:54 am »
Hi all,
Well, you know my surgery is just a little over two weeks away -- I'm sure I can score some freebies at the hospital, surgical gloves should be easy, maybe some masks too!  I'm not sure what else I'll have easy access to.  I can throw in at least one hospital gown though, it would make a stunning addition to any gift basket!  I almost forgot, I can probably get a pair of those lovely disposable hospital slippers for her too since I'll be wearing my lucky bunny slippers, I won't need them myself!!!

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2008, 11:27:20 am »
Wendy,

Maybe you can borrow the big coat from Pooter's wife.  Hopefully,she's unpacked the pockets from when she went to pick Brian up.  And anything that doesn't fit in Phyl's gift basket, we can use for the garage surgical suite.  Hey, maybe we should throw in a gift certificate for Phyl for one free garage surgery of her choice!  ;)

Wow, we are generous.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2008, 05:05:51 pm »
Geez!  You guys are feeling very generous today  :D

I'm just going to sit back and see how long it takes Phyl to find this thread and comment  :D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #372 on: July 10, 2008, 05:55:46 am »
Geez!  You guys are feeling very generous today  :D

I'm just going to sit back and see how long it takes Phyl to find this thread and comment  :D

Jan

took 2 cups of coffee this am to locate this... geesh! You all are FARRRRRRRRRR too generous!  LOL!

Hey my Pooter, how you feeling today?
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #373 on: July 10, 2008, 06:50:49 am »
Phyl -

you didn't mention what your garage surgery of choice was going to be  ???

Inquiring minds want to know  ;)

Jan

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #374 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:16 am »
Where is the symposium next year?

Daisy Head Mazy
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!