Author Topic: Getting Headaches  (Read 2541 times)

EStacy07

Getting Headaches
« on: March 11, 2009, 03:20:48 am »
As some of you know I have a 4.5cm AN and my surgery is March 25. I'm getting pain in my head that feels like a bubble needs to pop. Did anyone else get these headaches before their surgery? Or should I be worried and go to the ER,

Thanks

Liz
1/7/09 Audiology APPT
1/21/09 MRI
2/9/09 Diagnosed w/ 4.5 cm AN
Awaiting Translab on 3/25/09

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Getting Headaches
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:11:36 pm »
Liz ~

I'm sorry to learn of your headaches.  I had an AN the same size as your (4.5 cm) and experienced sharp but intermittent 'stabbing' pains in the weeks prior to my surgery.  After my surgery, I never felt them again.  I would call your doctor and explain about the headaches.  He might be able to prescribe medication to help alleviate the pain.  I wouldn't use the ER unless the headaches  became totally unbearable.  Fortunately, your surgery is only a fortnight away.  I hope and will pray that you can find some relief until then.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 04:45:28 pm »
Liz,

I'm sorry about your troubles with headaches prior to your surgery.  In hindsight, I remember getting more than usual headaches leading up to my diagnosis and surgery also.  I also experienced more than usual neck and shoulder stiffness.  I used OTC meds (Tylenol, Advil, etc..) and got regular massages.  I never really put two and two together and related it to my AN until much later after diagnosis.  Luckily, like you, my surgery wasn't that far off from diagnosis.

Like Jim, after my surgery the headaches primarily went away and so did the stiffness for the most part.

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Roger64

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 06:48:27 pm »
I've had really bad headache too before my surgery and after. I wish I didn't but I do. However, I glad I did the surgery and I am thankful for the doctors too.