Author Topic: It's been a year...  (Read 1710 times)

shygirl

It's been a year...
« on: August 14, 2008, 06:31:10 pm »
 Well, it's been a year. I'm submitting a day early because I have weekend plans.

I don't know what to say about it because I've had some problems that haven't resolved as of yet. I shouldn't complain-I have a great life, 3 kids who I love very much and I couldn't have this attitude if not for them. It has been a long, trying road getting here, and it gets better every day. The headaches--I can handle them now. 11 mos ago, not so much. My kids give me courage and strength to make the most of each and every day.

Thank you all for being here for the newly diagnosed and those who have already had treatment. Just by reading posts for hours I have had a ton of questions answered.

So again, I thank you all.

shygirl

2.1 cm AN
dx 7/07
translab 8/07
BAHA 2/08--processor 3/08
chronic headache sufferer

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: It's been a year...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 09:01:26 pm »
Congrats on making it to a year!  I'm about 3 months out and so I cannot imagine a whole year yet!  I'm sorry you continue to have issues, but I am glad the forum helped answer questions that you've had.  You are very right that kids give you courage to do things you think you can't.  I'm happy for you.

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 05:01:57 am »
Congrats on your first ANniversary!  I can't say it is smooth sailing from here on out, but I think it does get easier or maybe you just get used to it.  Either way, you have found a way to endure the first year and that's great and yes, kids do help!  It doesn't matter if they are little ones or old, old ones (like mine) they are all a blessing.  Hugs to my fellow Oleander!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 09:55:46 am »
Shygirl:

Congratulations on reaching that one year 'anniversary'.  I can tell you from experience that two years will be even better! 

Although we never quite seem to get to a 100% recovery, I'll take 85 or 90% and be grateful for that, as you are.

To better days ahead for all.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 03:16:20 pm »
Congrats, Shygirl, on your milestone anniversary! 

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com