Author Topic: Magic Scarf Ready to Fly!  (Read 7428 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Magic Scarf Ready to Fly!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 03:06:30 pm »
I'd love to know where the journal is... there were some truly wonderful entries/experiences noted and it was passed around at one of the NE Brunch Bunch brunches, where I... yes, I... even put in a comment or 2 for those prepping for surgery.  Does anyone know where the journal is?

DR, turban look might be interesting... but.. the healing powers it has..... oh, gotta wear it!  Too many here that will attest to the healing powers of the scarf! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MissMolly

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 05:00:09 pm »
Hey Phyl,
When I received the scarf at the end of June, the journal wasn't with it.

Hmmmmmmm

Molly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 02:49:25 pm »
Well, my surgery is 11-9, so if the scarf is available, I'd be honored to wear it!!!!   

So, how long do those usually have it after surgery?

thanks,
Denise
 :)
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

cindyj

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 03:51:00 pm »
Hi Denise!  The length of time folks keep the scarf varies...I had it about one week - had my mom mail it on while I was still in the hospital, but some keep it longer than that - just depends on the situation...and where it's going next and how quickly the next treatment is, etc.  No set rules about it!  Whether you recieve the actual scarf or not, there are virtual scarf powers out there also - you will be covered by the magic one way or the other ;D  Best to you on the 9th (mine was on the 7th one year ago!).

I sure do hope the journal is found.  As I mentioned the other day, maybe someone should start a new one in case the old one is never found or until the old one is found? 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Keri

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 10:41:27 pm »
Jim's right... it was at that spring luncheon. I've never had the magic scarf, but I think I signed the journal too.

Cheryl, glad you're doing better. Hope recovery continues to be smooth.  Doc, many manly men have sported the scarf and even posted pictures of it!

I hope the journal can be found. How about Laura? Not sure when she got the scarf, I think... let's see... someone fed ex'd it to her in california right before her surgery which was days after the boston marathon (which she ran and had her surgery right after). It may be on one of her threads (allegro17? allegro something). Maybe between her and whomever sent her the scarf, you'll find the journal.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

another NY postie

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 08:09:02 am »
Amy in CA received the scarf this week - she is having surgery in about 1 1/2 weeks, then Dennis is getting the scarf, his surgery is beginning of November so not sure if he can turn it around in time to get it to you, Denise on November 9th...send him a pm to see...I know people have taken a picture for people to have a "virtual" scarf if the timing doesn't work...

On another note, anyone who has had the scarf and anyone who gets the scarf, I started a thread on the Photohistory of the Magic Scarf and Debbi who started the scarf's journey (yeah!) was the first to post with her story.  It is under AN Community so post those scarf pictures!
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'