Author Topic: MRI yesterday - on to year 12 of W&W!!  (Read 3078 times)

Sheryl

MRI yesterday - on to year 12 of W&W!!
« on: July 25, 2013, 12:34:25 pm »
Had my yearly MRI and since I have a new doc, also had a very good neurologic exam - I even still remember the "three words"they give you to recall!!    No change in size or symptoms.  Interestingly, I was originally told this neuroma was on the 9th cranial nerve and since things are very tight in there, it could be 7th or 8th.  I asked about it changing size at this point as I am almost into year #12 and the doctor was doubtful, but could not be certain.  He also said without a biopsy, it may be a meningioma or even a cyst.  Next MRI in one year.

Unfortunately, hubby's meningioma that he has had two surgeries for, one dose of Cyberknife, and 30 sessions of IMRT since 2004, looks like it may have started invading the skull bone.  Doc wants him to have another MRI in 2 - 3 months to check.  Hubby says he thinks he's done chasing this thing around and "I'm going to let it do what it wants"!!  That doesn't sit well with me, but he has to make the decision.  Doc said if you are not going to do anything about this (and not sure if there would be another surgery or radiation recommended or even if it will never do anything), then no sense having MRI's.

Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: MRI yesterday - on to year 12 of W&W!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 01:14:22 pm »
Sheryl ~

Congratulations on that great MRI result! 

However, I'm sorry your husband is still struggling with his stubborn meningioma and hope that issue can be resolved at some point.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Derek

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 02:03:06 pm »
Hi Sheryl...

Many congrats on your superb result and I do hope that eventually matters concerning your hubby can be successfully resolved.

Best Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 06:34:47 pm »
Hi Sheryl! So Happy to hear that your MRI and exam turned out good. I hoping that eventually your husbands condition improves. Allthough he may not want to be treated, I`m hoping that he gets into some of the supplements and pro active ideas we mentioned on the W+W brigade boards. Honokial, Shark Cartiledge, Bromelain, Phosphatidylserine, just a few supplements to mention. Wishing for the best, Mickey