Author Topic: Tinnitus sounds on the web - share what we hear with your family/friends!  (Read 8454 times)

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
I had posted this link in another message thread, but I decided to create a new topic. This webiste, which is from a tinnitus version of the ANA website (all things tinnitus).  Check this out, and share with your friends and family the joys of what we go through.  My sound is kind of like the tea kettle they have on there.  I pump the volume up to mimik how loud it is at the time....  Anyways, try it out! Take care all!
Jay

http://www.ata.org/sounds-of-tinnitus
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
Jaylongs

Thank you so much for finding and posting this link.  I just played them for my wife, she could not believe what I have been putting up with.

Thanks
TJ

millie

Thank you Thank you Thank you!  I am sending my whole family to this site.

Lynn Mc

Jay, 

That is awesome!! I am a combo of screeching & electricity!!!  YUCK...
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
That was interesting.  I'm a combination of tea kettle (a little tea pot...) and buzzing.

Thought maybe it was also a hearing test, couldn't hear #2 even with my hearing aids in until I cranked up the volume.

Sending the website address to friends and family.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

nftwoed

Hi;

In children, certain types of Ota Acoustic Emission testing allow an Aud. to hear the tinnitus a child is hearing, so, if your child has behavior problems and the reason unknown, it could be tinnitus driving their frustration.

Tbanis2463

Wow, I didn't realize there were all those varieties of tinnitus.  I fall under the "Tea Kettle" sound. 

jenichol

• Fear not, for I Am with you - Isaiah 41:10
Re: Tinnitus sounds on the web - share what we hear with your family/friends!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 08:20:15 pm »
I downloaded those tinnitus sounds onto my droid phone.  I can share them with family,friends and doctors whenever I want.  Sometimes I play it at the dinner table. My kids hate it.  I'm a little tea pot!  I never stop whistling/buzzing.  It really helps to be able to let others know what we have to live with.  I told my doc that it reminds me a little of the movie A Beautiful Mind with Russel Crow.  He was a schizophrenic and had these people he saw and heard that weren't really there.  He had to learn to ignore them and put them behind him/at the back of his mind. They still followed him whereever he went.  At least we aren't seeing a swarm of bees chasing us all the time.  It just sounds like they are there. I guess it could always be worse.

Jan
48 yo female --3+cm right sided AN. Retro sig removal 6-22-12 at UVA.  SSD right ear.  HA.  Constant Loud Tinnitus. Fullness. Imbalance.

ombrerose4

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 08:25:37 pm »
Great link Jay!  My husband has bilateral tinnitus for years and I just went through the different sounds to see what his was like. His is most like the buzzing noise and mine which only occurs randomly is most like static.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

dfm52547

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 08:20:05 pm »
I came across this helpful thread and thought I'd share an additional option to mimic the sounds of tinnitus. My tinnitus is the ringing variation. I found this free Online Tone Generator at http://onlinetonegenerator.com/  that allows you to vary the frequency in Hertz and generate a tone. I have determined that the tone at 5000 hertz is almost an exact duplicate of the ringing in my ear most days.

Hope someone else will find it helpful.

Darrell
MRI 5/31/2012 - 7.4mm X 4.4mm VS in R IAC
Watch & Wait; next MRI 12/2012

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 09:07:18 pm »
That's a cool link!! Just a note to all that you need to be using this on the Firefox web browser. I max out at 6500 hz (I tried it with my 22 year old daughter, she maxed out at 17000 hz! WOW!)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston