Author Topic: Yikes; CSF leak or cold?  (Read 20636 times)

moe

Re: Yikes; CSF leak or cold?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 12:38:20 pm »
So glad you're feeling better, Lilan.
Yep I got the flu shot, and in a month I'm getting the H1N1 (need to wait one month).
I am a guifenasin pill pusher when I feel the chest discomfort and coughing.
(I find that mucinix doesn't work as well for me, probably because it is long acting.)
I get the generic  "guifenasin" tablets from WMart and boy does that help bring everything up. Ymmmmm. I take it around the clock. It's immediate acting. and along with lots of fluids, it really gets rid of the gunk. Just thought I'd share that! Flu and cold season is coming >:( We all have to take extra care of ourselves. I have a hard enough time taking care of myself when I'm healthy!
Happy day,
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

wendysig

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 12:12:09 pm »
Lilian,

Sorry to be coming in late, but equally glad to hear your problem is only a cold, even though it sounds like one that is causing you much misery.  Hope you're feeling better soon.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Lilan

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 01:00:11 pm »
Thanks, all! I still have a hint of a cough, but the Z-Pak seemed to have knocked out most of it.

(That's a very long cough though -- makes me wonder if it was H1N1! then bacterial....)

Anyway, had my regular flu shot last week at work -- hoping no more drama for 2009!

(Startlingly, in another month I'll be making an appointment for my 6-month MRI!!!)

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!