Author Topic: 4 months from surgery  (Read 3152 times)

Rhcdad

4 months from surgery
« on: February 21, 2016, 11:11:27 am »
I am four months removed from trans lab surgery, I have some facial weakness that is getting better slowly but my biggest issue is that my surgery side left eye still will not blink. The top lid moves a little bit but the bottom lid doesn't move at all. My surgery side of my left face is kind of unresponsive, like I can't wink. I am hoping that the next couple months may move closer to blinking and other movements, using gel drops and taping eye shut at night. Anyone have anything similar to this in their past? Staying positive and patient.

I am now 6 months post surgery and facial weakness is slowly getting better, I would guess 60 % back to normal, still can't close left eye and lower lid still droops, although I think this to is slowly getting better. Metal taste comes and goes. I have only been doing a daily facial massage, should I be considering facial stretching at this point or just continue on, seeing how I have been getting better slowly? Any thoughts on this one? Appreciate..
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:15:25 am by Rhcdad »
2.54 cm tumor
TransLab @ House Clinic
Surgery 10/27/15
Numerous Post Surgery Issues

jaqiday

Re: 4 months from surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 01:50:52 pm »
I am one yr post-op. I had facial paralysis after my surgery, My face drooped, nothing moved at all. I got a scleral lens for my dry eye and used a headband to close it at night (I can't take tape on my skin, ouch) Over time it has slowly healed. At seven months I saw the biggest change and my face went back to looking close to normal. I now have much more movement in my face overall and can almost close my eye. I can sleep without anything to close it at night and use drops instead of ointment. It continues to slowly get better.

It just takes time, nerves are slow to heal.  I was very discouraged when 6 months came and went and it seemed like it wasn't going to get better. Then weeks later it started to improve. 

Hang in there :)
Right AN 3.2cm 2-27-15
Retrosigmoid 3-9-15 6 hours
Facial nerve paralysis, dry eye, balance problems
Finding a new normal...

Rhcdad

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 06:43:18 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post!!! I am hoping to follow you in your road to recovery, it seems that my nerves are slow to recover, I am at 4 months and don't want any more surgery's, I am sure no one does. Sleeping with your face taped is a little tough at times, but some have it so much worse. Some days it seems like I am going backward. I will keep your recovery in mind during this period. I use gel drops, makes my vision blurry but keeping eye moist.  Appreciate from Vermont!
2.54 cm tumor
TransLab @ House Clinic
Surgery 10/27/15
Numerous Post Surgery Issues

JimGagnepain

• Time keeps everything from happening at once!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 11:48:02 pm »
I'm going on 3 months post-op, and I am still having some eye issues.  The smile is back, and I can now close the eye, but it has to be a tight close.  I also use the gel, and tape my eye shut.  At one point the eyebrow wouldn't move, and it now moves almost as much as the other eye.  So I think it's continuing to improve.  Can't wink, but never could with that eye.  If I'm tired, it tends to twitch a little on the nose-side.
Diagnosed  11-2-2015
MRI: 2.4 cm AN, with 3 or 4 small cysts
SSD.  All else is very good.
Surgery 12-17-2015
Lekovich and Wilkinson - House Clinic