Author Topic: My TransEar Came Apart!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2202 times)

LavaTea

• Do your best...pray it's blessed...forget the rest
    • My Space
My TransEar Came Apart!!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:45:28 pm »
I went to put my TransEar in today and it came apart!!  The wire that connects the processor to the in ear unit came lose.   :'(  I tried to put it back on but when I put it in my ear there was no sound.  I have an appointment tomorrow anyway to see my Audiologist about the programming of it so I will show it to her.  Hopefully she can ust snap it back together.  I'm affraid it will have to go back to the company for repair work.  Has anyone had that happen and can you shed some light on this?

~LavaTea
1st AN 6 cm 8/82 at age 22 Dr. William House & Dr. Hitselberger St. Vincent Hospital Los Angeles-Translab
2nd AN 5/97 Dr. Fred Owens Baylor Dallas
TransEar Hearing Aid user as of 4/08

Boppie

Re: My TransEar Came Apart!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:00:40 pm »
I read here that someone had a wire connector come loose from the ear unit.  I think your audiologist can contact TransEar to get a new one to install for you.  The wires snap in.  Better to let the office take care of it for you.

LavaTea

• Do your best...pray it's blessed...forget the rest
    • My Space
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 10:39:43 am »
My Audiologist couldn't get it back together but she had a model of one that she took the wire off of and attached to mine. She is ordering me another. She programmed the processor from -12 (factory settings) to -6.  I can now leave it on 2 1/2 instead of 4 and hear without my ear filling so full.   :)

~LavaTea
1st AN 6 cm 8/82 at age 22 Dr. William House & Dr. Hitselberger St. Vincent Hospital Los Angeles-Translab
2nd AN 5/97 Dr. Fred Owens Baylor Dallas
TransEar Hearing Aid user as of 4/08

Boppie

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:18:39 pm »
That's what I call a quick fix!  We are to have such helpful audiologists.  I think the other wire problem I read about was just as fixable.  This has never happened to me though.  Actually the TransEAr is a tough instrument.  But little wires are little!  :D

I only place my aid in while sitting with a white hankerchief in my lap or standing over a clean counter. I still need a mirror.  But I am sure people who are using a TransEar at work are quite good at popping it in and out anywhere.