Author Topic: Mid Fossa scheduled one week from today  (Read 15092 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Mid Fossa scheduled one week from today
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 01:10:47 pm »
Hi, Rick ~

I've read but not posted on this thread - up until now but this seems like the right time to do so.

I was pleased to learn of your successful AN surgery and, up until now, excellent recovery.  Blood clots can happen and I'm sorry this happened to you.  Do what you have to do to get past this obstacle and try to get back to your otherwise good recovery.  Remember that this set-back, as unwanted and unpleasant as it is, will be temporary.  Once you're healed and whole, it will be forgotten, as most negative experiences are.  So, try not to allow this to overwhelm you and know that lots of folks you've never met are praying for you, now.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »
Hi Rick .....

What a bummer to have the blood clot show up after such a good post-op recovery in progress!!  I hope you know these things can happen, but as Jim said, it is temporary and soon you will be back on the positive road to recovery.

Many, many thoughts and prayers that it dissolves quickly and you will soon feel better.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 02:48:36 pm »
Hi Rick, I just wanted to say that I sent a prayer for the desire that your recovery gets back on the better path soon.  You have a great mind and with that, you have a lot going for your recovery! 
Stephsf
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!