Author Topic: Catlover´s Postie Story  (Read 30601 times)

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
Re: Catlover´s Postie Story
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2009, 02:53:24 pm »
Hi again,
Today I'm 14 days post-op and I tried to drive the Niva yesterday. It went just fine, but I drove like a granny, but anyway ... I think everything is bouncing around more when I walk than when I drive. Strange! I thought it would be the opposite, but it ony approves that I have to walk more than I drive!  :D

I also tried by bicycle yesterday. It worked out, but it wasn't very comfortable. I felt very dizzy, but now I know I can ride my bicycle so perhaps I can wait a while before I do it on a daily basis.  ;) Perhaps I'm a bit stubborn  :)

I'm a bit puzzled about one of my nostrils, though. It is not the nostril on the AN side, but the other. Sometimes during the day I get a bit wet in it. It is not dripping, but I can feel that I get wet and I kind of feel like blowing my nose, but I haven't done that. I'm a bit afraid of that right now. What do you think, could that be a little, little leak or is that normal? My nostril on my AN side is very dry, so maybe it's the other nostril that gets wet sometimes that is normal and the nostril on the AN side that is more dry than normal. I can't remember how it was before of. I didn't think so much about my nostrils then  :D  The surgeons told me that it was uncommon with a leak, but I'm thinking of it anyway. Should I worry or what? Do we have any "leak experts" here on the forum?

Yes, Mats, I'm going to change my profile! Nice and easy!

Love you all,

Hugs from Helene
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2009, 03:14:52 pm »
hey Helene,

Hope you are staying cool and hanging tough! Bike riding, so soon after surgery!? wow!  good for you but take it easy, will you? :)

Will you do me a favor please? Not sure if Mats will see this. He did a post here approx 1 pg back from here and he was thanking everyone for being there for him (but, of course!) and he briefly mentions about his "caregiving" role.  Will you ask him please if he is willing to do a post in our "Caregivers" forum about how he, as a caregiver, handles the role and what works/not works in the role?  Others in his shoes may gain a lot from it.... and pls tell him thanks.

as for you, m'dear Helene.... I can't answer your question about the non-AN runny nose but please keep a close eye on it and see if it continues at a steady pace.  I know others here will chime in with thoughts as well.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

kenneth_k

« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2009, 07:00:25 am »
Hi Helene.

I'm late to join in but congratulations on a successfull surgery, and you do have a lovely smile.

Krya på deg,

Kenneth in Denmark.

tenai98

« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2009, 10:34:09 am »
I hear ya on the wet nostril thing. Mine was the AN side. Felt wet but not dripping. I asked the nurse (this was immediately post op) about it and as it wasnt dripping she said not to worry. But she did give me a container in case it did start to drip.  That wet feeling lasted for about a week post op.  I used vaseline in my nose at night as I suffered from dry nostrils at night. But now its back to being normal...
Wow bike riding already. I'm to chicken to try it but then again my balance is not so good. My doc wants me to use a cane just for stability.
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

largecat

« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2009, 02:22:39 pm »
Hello? Anyone seen my wife around? Actually, I have been on a small, very, very small, business trip for two days. But today I got home and she had survived. I know I read somewhere that the human body could take three days without food and water, and it was true! She was in rather good condition, after some water and some stale bread I could make her hold the vaccum cleaner again..  ;)  Nahhh.. just kidding.

What I really wanted to do here today, besides trying to make you upset, was to give Helene the link to here new post op avatar.

Lets see if she can figure out how to copy the URL... She is not so clever, but she is good with the kids...  ;D
/mats  - "catlovers" husband

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2009, 02:36:17 pm »
Helene's lookin' mighty fine, Mats! thanks for sharing this and I have a sneaky feeling she'll figure out the link. If not, us Mods have speshal powers for it :D

BTW, not sure if you saw my note to you a few posts up from here;

"Will you do me a favor please? Not sure if Mats will see this. He did a post here approx 1 pg back from here and he was thanking everyone for being there for him (but, of course!) and he briefly mentions about his "caregiving" role.  Will you ask him please if he is willing to do a post in our "Caregivers" forum about how he, as a caregiver, handles the role and what works/not works in the role?  Others in his shoes may gain a lot from it.... and pls tell him thanks."

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

largecat

« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2009, 02:57:39 pm »
I saw it, Phyl. Give me some time... 
/mats  - "catlovers" husband

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2009, 03:19:13 pm »
I saw it, Phyl. Give me some time... 

got it Mats, no worries :)

Phyl

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2009, 11:03:08 pm »
Man, I just knew you'd somehow turf those vaccuuming duties to Helene sooner rather than later, Mats  ;)  :D

Very nice picture, Helene.  Looking forward to seeing it as your avatar.  I know you can figure that part out! 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

catlover

« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2009, 10:49:07 am »
Hi Jan,
Don't believe too much in Mats! I haven't done any vaccuuming yet!  :D  We let him dream on for quite a while, I think.  ;)

Helene
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Waiting for GK

Keri

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2009, 09:35:30 pm »
Hi Helene,
My nose doesn't drip but my AN eye side waters almost every time I eat. I used to be just for spicy food, but now it seems to be almost everything - if I'm eating, a tear on my left goes down my cheek! I don't know if that's related to the nose thing.

You're looking great!
Get the kids to vacuum!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

catlover

« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2009, 05:33:58 pm »
Hi everyone,
It's been quite a long time since I've been here on the forum. I don't know where all the days went! Time's just passing by when you're home with the teenagers and trying to recover and also waiting for Mats to get his summer vacation. Yesterday it was 1 month since my surgery and things are working just fine. Some balance issues are still left, some days it's better and some days it's worse, but I suppose it's the way it is. I hope it will get away completely sooner or later. I have no other issues and I'm getting used to the SSD (if it really is SSD, I don't know yet). I'm so grateful!

All the best to all of you from Helene  :D
SSD and balance issues
Waiting for GK

Kaybo

« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2009, 05:36:23 pm »
Helena~
So great to hear that you are doing well.  Keep healing and have a GREAT summer!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2009, 06:15:28 pm »
Helene .....

Glad you posted that all is well ..... I was wondering and hoping you were doing fun things!   ;D

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

nteeman

• Back to Mono
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2009, 07:42:22 am »
Helene,

Good to read your post. I hope you keep improving every day.

And remember : 'Ask not what your cat can do for you, but what you can do for your cat!'

;)

Neal
Diagnosed 12/16/2008
AN 2.4 X 2.0 X 1.6 CM
surgery performed on 1/27/2009 Mt. Sinai Hospital, NYC
Dr.Bederson & Dr. Smouha
9:30am thru 5:50pm
http://www.facebook.com/neal.teeman