Author Topic: Taylor update-Surgery tomorrow  (Read 5226 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Taylor update-Surgery tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 06:22:19 am »
Taylor,
I certainly can't top what Laz is doing, he is way too cool anyway!  I have my pirate sox on and my prayers are heading your way.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

TaylorsMom

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 02:49:52 pm »
Hi all,

Thanks to everybody.  Her surgery was 8 hours long.  The doctor is happy with the way it went.  No problems or complications.  IV's all came out this morning and they took her off the morphine that she hates.  Still has a catheter and drains behind her ear and in her leg.  They will probably come out tomorrow and then she can get out of bed.  She's not a happy camper today to say the least, but she's on the road to recovery.

Thanks again to you all!!!!

Kathy

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 03:05:46 pm »
SO glad it's over and the healing can begin (continue).  I'm praying for Taylor that this surgery will make significant improvements in her quality of life after AN.

All My best to Taylor

patti Ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

jerseygirl

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 03:36:29 pm »
Kathy,

This surgery sounds like it is very involved! I hope Taylor will see results soon as well as recovers quickly from this one. I understands why she hates morphine - I do, too. In fact, I hate it so much that I requested no morphine after my second surgery. Fortunately, I did not need it because, amazingly, I was pain-free.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 03:59:45 pm »
So glad to hear that Taylor's surgery went well.

Thanks so much for the update.

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

OMG16

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2008, 12:01:33 am »
Kathy I am glad to hear that Taylor is doing as well as can be expected.  How are you doing?  I know how tough it can be on us Mothers and if you need someone to talk to let me know and I will be there anytime you need me.  Take care of yourself as well as your lovely daughter.  Kisses to both of your foreheads.  :-*  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

TaylorsMom

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 03:06:59 pm »
Hi all,

Taylor continues to do well.  In my last post I said they stopped IV's.  They only stopped IV saline. She still gets antibiotics through the IV.  They took the drain behind her ear out yesterday but the drain in her leg stays until tomorrow.  Her anxiety was  bad Friday night and she didn't sleep much.  She got a sleeping pill last night and that did the trick.  She got off the narcotics Saturday afternoon and is OK on just Tylenol now.  She survived on broth and jello untill last night.  Now she can eat soft food like mac and cheese.  She has a couple stitches inside her mouth so she has to be careful with those.  All other incisions are around the conture of her ear, just like on the other side where they put the nerve in.  Swelling has continued to increase which is normal.  Doc says it will start to SLOWLY decrease after today.  If you have seen pics of face lift patients, thats pretty much what she looks like.  Very puffy, fat lip, swollen around her eye to the point she can hardly see out of it.  I don't see much bruising yet but it's coming.  She'll have a big shiner in a few days.  Her Dad and Brother are playing Monopoly with her now and I'm at home to get a few things then I'll head back over.  Still looks like she'll be home on Tuesday.

Thanks everyone,

Kathy

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 03:12:15 pm »
Hi Kathy:  Glad to hear all is on a good healing path for Taylor.    I know that 'swollen' face look - I had it with my surgery 2 months ago.
Will keep positive thoughts for Taylor, you & family.    Take care,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

chrissmom

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 04:27:57 pm »
Hi Kathy,
Our family sends its thoughts and prayers your way.  Chris is away at college but I'll let him know.  I'm glad she is doing better.  Sometimes these surgeries take a while before you see any results.  Also, I know how difficult these times are for you as a mother.   Tell Taylor we're thinking of her.  Chris has another surgery scheduled for Friday.  I hope and pray that these kids don't have to go thru any more problems and surgeries.  I want them all to get better now !
Rita