Author Topic: What to do!  (Read 8201 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: What to do!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 08:57:54 pm »
Hi Shelly,

Firstly Ms Sue us Ozzies don't have an accent - everyone else does! you should know that by now, actually
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 09:04:48 pm »
OOPS,

Hit the wrong button, anyway as i was saying,

I am in Sydney. I saw Dr Smee for my radiation treatment. I thought he was great - no nonsense, gave a very detailed analysis on the process and the goal and I left having confidence in the man and further more, there is no out of pocket costs whatsoever - totally covered by medicare. that includes all MRI's and all follow up MRI's.

I don't know the brisbane docs names but i am currently emailing another Brisbane lady who is in the same boat as you. I'll get her to have a look at your post and see if she wants to reply to you. The best parts of radiation by Smee is that he has a 100% record of stopping the AN growth and a 100% record of no collaterall damage (facial nerves etc).

You could do worse than send him your scans on CD to get his view. I can email his details if you like.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

SHunter59

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 08:16:21 pm »
Welcome, love Aussies :)

Hubby is two weeks post op from his Gamma Knife surgery and he can't understand why anyone would NOT pick this option. It was a piece of cake from start to finish, including having the head frame attached, he even did that without the happy pill they offer you. He didn't want to feel drunk all day, LOL. We were in the place just under 3 hours and aside from a killer headache for the 6 days he was taking the steroids he has had no lasting effects. From a caregiver's prospective I would highly recommend gamma knife, especially with a small child to care for. We have some posts of his whole experience if you want to check them out. I wish you well in whatever you decide :)
Left AN 1.7 x 1.5 x 1.4 cm diagnosed 1/19/10, SSD left ear
GK 3/11/10 performed by Dr. McMenomy of OHSU and Dr. Bader of the Gamma Knife Center of Portland.