Author Topic: Sleep apnea and CPAP  (Read 3095 times)

Windsong

Sleep apnea and CPAP
« on: May 04, 2007, 10:49:57 pm »
Hi,

I started a new thread because i can't for the life of me find that post about the cpap and ear pain that someone wrote in about?

How many of us have been diagnosed with sleep apnea since finding out about our Ans? And who else has one of these sleep machines please? Is it working for you?  I picked up mine today and set it up but am hesitant to turn it on tonight 'cause i don't want to give myself an ear pain lol.. .. i've had euastachian tube probs for ages in my life so  it would be great to hear from someone who uses this thing and is super happy with it? Thanks! And will it matter if i already feel weird pressure in my head here and there? I'd hate to treat one thing only to end up with some other symptoms.... am i being a sissy?

Windsong

kke

Re: Sleep apnea and CPAP
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 07:05:59 pm »
My husband has a CPAP and we love it.  I say 'we' because he no longer snores, quits breathing or has any trouble sleeping.  I wanted to encourage you regarding the CPAP because he just feels so much better using it.  He has more energy and is not as tired during the day.  He simply rests so much better at night.

Sorry, I can't reply any useful info about ear pain, AN's and sleep apnea though.  He doesn't have an AN.  Just wanted to encourage you since we have been so amazed at how his quality of life has improved with the CPAP.

k

Windsong

Re: Sleep apnea and CPAP
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 08:27:12 pm »
I could definitely use some extra energy! I'll probably turn it on in a couple of days....

I've never had anyone tell me i snore except for this sleep lab lol;  my weight is fine;  but i still drop with oxygen content and stop breathing (and snore a bit according to them)....i'm thinking perhaps an element involved here is my cardiac issues..... we'll see how this sleep machine works... what keeps me up is the darn tinnitus.... I could have used this machine in my past for my partner who snored like a freight train! i used to be a very light sleeper so that was murder to listen to....'course now with hearing loss i can sleep through anything, except the dreams sometimes wake me like today when i dreamt i was leaping across a space to a platform and the space was open water hehehehe and when i woke my one leg was doing the leap lying down omg....
thanks for the encouragement....
W.