Author Topic: Limericks, poetry, etc...  (Read 8764 times)

Battyp

Re: Limericks, poetry, etc...
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 07:51:22 pm »
LOL  Funny Sue I didn't know you could get high on decadron  LOL 

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 08:47:19 pm »
Well, I guess I did!  I took my pills Tuesday after the procedure, and I woke up Wednesday at 5:30 a.m.and didn't go to bed until after midnight!  I was Chatty Kathy, energetic, wild eyed and bushy tailed. I guess that's a "high".  Just like when ladies used to use the diet pills to charge themselves up, I guess.  It's gone away, and I'm more tired, because of lack of sleep. I'm so glad that after my pill tonight (at midnight- I'm blaming my husband for setting me up with this schedule!), I don't have to take one until noon...so if I CAN sleep in, I will TRY to get more sleep. 

Gotta go for a quick walk with hubby.  Maybe that will help me sleep too.

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Battyp

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 12:09:17 am »
Ahh that kind of high..I was thinking pothead kind of high  LOL  Yeah Decadron sure does wire a person!

you take one at midnight?  UGH!  makes for a rough night sleeping...

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 12:36:00 pm »
That's just the way the schedule worked out - because my husband shoved those pills in my face when he got back from the pharmacy and then worked out the schedule for me. Bless his heart.  But that's okay...it's too late now to change things and I only have til Tuesday, and Thank God I'm not having to haul my butt to an office. So I can just be slug girl for a while.

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 07:01:31 pm »
Hello Slug Sue,

Pooped Phyl here.  I'm with you on that! Enjoy your last one tomrorow.. my last is Wed and time to celebrate! :)

xoxo

That's just the way the schedule worked out - because my husband shoved those pills in my face when he got back from the pharmacy and then worked out the schedule for me. Bless his heart.  But that's okay...it's too late now to change things and I only have til Tuesday, and Thank God I'm not having to haul my butt to an office. So I can just be slug girl for a while.

Sue
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 08:47:08 pm »
Ok sue the slug...

what shall we name phyllis?  Hmmmm....
Sue it does get better just has to get out of your system!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 01:06:42 am »
How long does that take?  Does it hang around for a day, or week?  Guess I'll find out. Last 1/2 pill taken tonight.  My tinnitus seems to be louder and the numbness more pronounced today, so maybe the swelling is a little more pronounced since the meds are down.  I hope that subsides. That can drive a person crazy.  Maybe we have the beginnings of a new horror movie, "Curse of the Tinnitus Sufferers!"  "Getting their frequencies to match was only the beginning, as legions of tinnitus victims begin a search and destroy mission erradicate irritating buzzing noises heard on every corner. The jokes on them, as there aren't any buzzing noises, just the noise in their head!  What will happen? Will our heros find Pop and the Crackletones in time to save them, or will the Tinnitus Sufferers finally realize that all they need is a good nights sleep!" 

Okay, I'm going to bed now. 
Do not report me to the Tinnitus Police...I'll go quietly. My ear won't, but I will. ;D

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 08:03:06 am »
Hey Slug Sue,

Took my last one this am and gawd, so ready to get it out of my system. I hear it takes a week or so but heck, at this point, I'm just looking forward to sleeping again and taking off the added weight (but, have to admit, it's given me a terrific excuse for the chocolate binges!)

Hang in there hun!  Side by side with you on all counts! :)

Phyl :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 03:01:43 pm »
Hey Phyl,

Felt good to take that last 1/2 pill for me too!  I actually had a fairly decent nights sleep, and even had a dream!  Then I went back to sleep this morning for about 2 hours.  I was pretty happy with that.  But I still feel a bit tired and "druggy" and I am not driving anywhere. I'd like to get out and do something, sort of, but that angel on my shoulder is telling me to stay home. Better listen to her!  No business to risk an accident just to drive to the store, if I feel like I'm not at full attention - which I don't.  If I have to, I can walk to the store.

Called Social Security today. They have set me up with a phone interview for next week. Is that weird?  Maybe it's just the first interview, because I obviously can't give them any physical documents over the phone.  The process has begun!  And I've decided maybe I shouldn't talk about this with anybody, because I tend to get more negative comments. I just talked with a lady I used to work with and she was denied disability twice because of her knees. So she wasn't too upbeat about my possibilities.  I realize I may not get it, but I think it would be better if I didn't go into it with a defeatest attitude.  I don't know if they just look at the facts, or take in the personality of the person, or if it just is the luck of the draw as to your case worker, or meeting a certain set of standards and that's it, or if they evaluate your overall situation, or if it's just Karma or Fate or the Whims of the Social Security Gods....but I guess I'll find out.  The lady on the phone was very helpful and very nice.

Hey, anybody else craving certain foods?  Is this part of the healing process, meds, or is it just a normal craving. Yesterday I wanted Sticky Toffee Pudding, or warm Bread pudding with rum sauce and ice cream, and those horrible IHOP commercials with the over fruited sugared pancakes looked awesome to me, when before they looked disgustingly over sweet.  I'm not sure if it is the sugar or the fat or what, but man, I sure wanted something like that.  My little piece of chocolate didn't even do it.  My blood sugar was 120 this morning. Better than 190! It's coming down.  At least thinking of Bread Pudding won't make the blood sugar go up!! Thank God for that.

Have a great day, Phyl  I really appreciate your support. I'm not sure if I'm supporting you...But, I do.   :D

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 05:11:46 pm »
Sue!  S-U-E!!!!!!!!!!!  I know you are there for me, you silly!  Just as I am here for you, always! :)
xooxoxoxox

Great news about some sleep.. and the fattening crap! Guess I can't use decacrap anymore for my excuse. Last 2mg dose this am and YAY US! We're done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news about SSI and hoping the "phone interview" goes well.. keeping all appendages crossed for you that it pans out for you.  If not, I'll hire you! :)

Hang in there hun! I'm cheering you on, you be cheering me on and the world is looking great about now for us "Posties"... no more meds! YAY!

xoxo
Phyl

Battyp

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 08:09:12 pm »
Sue it took about a week or two (time frame is fuzzy for me) but all I wanted to do was SLEEP!  I was about 3 mos post op and was so frustrated as I thought the need for naps would diminish but weren't.  I still need them at 8 mos post op but not everyday :o)

Do not compare yourself to a knee replacement.  It would be social security's thought that if her knee was replaced and she could no longer do work where she stood continuously then she could be retrained for an office type position.  You're symtpoms are a lot more severe than a knee replacement.  There are also those who will just think you are trying to scam the system not understanding the severity of our problems.  I went to work for about an hour less than two and it wiped me out.  It was just mental work but the getting from point a to point b is so stressful I almost rear ended a car who slammed on their brakes for some herons.  Geesh!  I've had enough near misses from needing to react fast it's enough to scare me while driving.  Heck if these people knew who was behind them or next to them they'd be more careful  LOL

I craved tomato soup and pickles  LOL  NO idea why just did..then I started craving chocolate.  I think that is just part of the healing process.  You must have a craving if you want to get better  LOL
Hang in there...this too shall pass :o)  I love bread pudding!  Best place to get it got washed away with katrina so my second best place is a place in tampa that will be getting a visit in June! 

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 08:34:24 pm »
Tomato soup and pickles?  That's funny. More PG than AN!  Oh well, we crave what we crave I guess. 

I still feel like I have Brain Fog.  I'm sure I do. It'll get better, I'm sure. I got the notice that the hospital sends out to tell you what they billed the insurance company.  Well, THAT'll clear up Brain Fog! Or cause a stroke, I'm not sure which.  Of course, brain surgery and the days in the hospital would have been waaay over $100,000 I'm sure. Mine came to $66,000.00 plus change.  Twice as much as my husband's stents and night in hospital. I told him, "I win!".

Gads
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 09:41:40 pm »
you DID win, darlin'... you sure did!  :-*

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 01:22:27 am »
So, how you doing, PPearl???  I'm doing much better. Facial weirdness isn't as bad. Changes every day into something a little different. I guess the nerves are settling down, or something. Doctor appointment got changed to May 11.  I wanted to ask you....I see some people have posted messages about not wanting radiation treatment because they think they are going to "fry" their brain!  So, do you think you got fried??  LOL 

"TELL ME DOC", SCARED SUSAN CRIED,
"MY POOR BRAIN, CAN IT BE FRIED?"
"OH NO.", THE DOC SAID,
THE NA'S ALL THAT'S DEAD,
"THAT'S A RELIEF", SUSAN SIGHED.
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 09:14:45 am »
Yo Sue!  I'm with you hun!  Facial weirdness on occassion (gotta love the lower cheek numbness, especially when my head clunks on a keyboard) but have to say I'm sleeping better now since off the decacrap! :)  My house is no longer clean since I'm not up at 2am to clean.. but, hey, that's what weekends are for, right?

LOVE the limerick! you rawk! :)

BTW, my brain not fried!  ::)*turns to peanut gallery and tells them to hush up!*  Ok, not fried physically! CrazyKat and CB can tell you all how well I have done and having seen both of them 3-4 wks post treatment, I'm still warped in my usual way but from an AN standpoint, the after affects are minimal/tolerable, doing fine and heck, if I had to do it again (trust me, I'm not planning on that anytime soon!), I would. I have no regrets on my decision and feel fine with my choice.

I respect everyone's decisions here, regardless if micro-surgery or radio-surgery. Some want it out of their heads since "if it don't belong there, get it out" or  "I don't want my head cut open, so will opt for radio-surgery". Regardless of what the final decision is for anyone, I know in their hearts and souls they chose what was to be the best decision for them at the time the decision was made. I am  saddened when someone pushes one treatment over another to someone here (whether in posts or private messages) when researching their options (if options are available). For me, I try to keep an unbiased view on things. Sometimes I fail at it but I do try. My hope is that everyone is respectful of final choices and tries to not sway someone one way or another.

Anyway, keep the limericks coming!  I got me a forecast to do before Japan returns to work on Monday!
xoxoxo