Author Topic: strange symptom on my tongue  (Read 2923 times)

David6789

strange symptom on my tongue
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:33:29 am »
The past two days I have been tasting liquids strangely. It does not matter what I drink (water, juice, soda, etc). The left side of my tongue registers the taste of the liquid as tasting like a bar of soap, and the right side of my tongue registers a sour taste. the intensity of how "soapy" or "sour" the liquid tastes depends on what the liquid is. I am aware that acids taste sour and bases taste like soap. I do not understand why my tongue is suddenly tasting liquids like this though. i have never heard of this symptom before. i have never had this symptom before. Help if you can, please...

Sheryl

Re: strange symptom on my tongue
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 12:07:17 pm »
David - have you previously been diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma or other problem?  Either way, you should probably see your primary care doctor and start there.  If the problem is still ongoing or has worsened, I would hope that he/she would order an MRI.

Keep us posted,
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W