Author Topic: alarm clock and after surgery  (Read 7115 times)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: alarm clock and after surgery
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 06:19:08 pm »
I have the alarm clock from Harris Comm (a site suggested to me by my neighbor who's daughter is deaf) and it's worked for me great since I got it.  I actually got it before surgery, as half the time I never heard my alarm before I was cut.  It works great.  You don't need a fancy one, just one that has a shaker.  I think they think I must be blind too, as the numbers are huge on mine!  :D
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:58:22 pm »
Johnson's Baby Shampoo! Closing your eyes in the shower sure makes the shower spin and makes you dizzy, so this was invaluable to me at first till I got used to closing my eyes while shampooing my hair.

Capt Deb

Good point, Capt. Deb.  The first time I showered after having my stiches removed, I was so anxious to wash the "goop" out of my hair that I lathered up like crazy.  Next thing I knew, I had shampoo burning my eyes, which caused me to close them, which caused me to lose my balance.  If someone would have just told me to use JBS, I could have saved myself a lot of aggravation.
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

marg

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 09:53:49 pm »
Love the idea of the bed shaker.... will keep it in mind if my husband gets tired of waking me up in the morning.  Now if they made an alarm with the smell of coffee..... I would have no problem waking up  ;D.
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Lorraine

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 10:38:52 am »
By now you have probably solved this problem but I thought I would respond just in case there are others looking for an answer.   My husband travels for business and it was then that I noticed I was sleeping on my good ear and not hearing the alarm clock. I wasn't sleepine well for fear I would not hear the alarm. I bought the bed shaker online from Radio Shack.  It is the best thing I could have done. 

Acoustic Neuroma Rt Ear
7mm
Surgery 2/9/06
Dr. Allan Friedman, Duke Hospital

Kaybo

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 11:26:41 am »
I use a Shake-Awake that my friend bought for me b/c I, too, did not sleep well when my hubby traveled for fear that I wouldn't get the kiddos up & to school.  Then I would be more tired and that would just cause more troubles!  My sweet hubby gets me up most of the time, but now I use my Shake-Awake to get up early to go to the gym.  It was only about $25 and works GREAT -- I haven't even had to change a battery!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!