Author Topic: How soon should I have the treatment? Please help..  (Read 5336 times)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: How soon should I have the treatment? Please help..
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 07:44:56 am »
Hitselberger .. I think has done more AN's than anyone in the world (including mine).. you couldn't be in better hands, he's the guy that will be doing the actual removal !!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Jsoule

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 09:49:33 am »
Hi Sunshine 16, You have selected a wonderful place to have your surgery. I had my tumor removed  there just over a year ago and happy to report wonderful results. I too was scared before surgery, but it was just to exausting for me to constantly think about it. I finally, gave in and reasurred myself I had done my homework, selected the best procedure, place and MD's that were extremely professional,highly trained in this type of surgery. What more could I do....So, I gave in .Trusted  my judgement, intuition, and learned to relax and leave the rest to them.... You will really like Dr. Hitzelberger, he is like a teddy bear, kind, sweet and truely has compassion for his profession. He removes the tumor,  I even asked to see if his hands were steady. He laughed as he showed me his hands...You are in a wonderful place, relax, think good thoughts and leave the hard stuff to them...Best wishes to you...Julie

sunshine16

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005, 11:30:33 am »
thank you Julie.... I actually feel better today, thanks to my family, friends, to everyone here.......

rjbarker

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 07:25:27 pm »
Hi,

Our NJ Newsletter (go to www.ananj.org -- and then see Newsletters) has a report on sizes and symptoms of ANs based on data in our Registry. We were interested especially in large tumors and also wait-and-watch for small tumors. Maybe take a look. Any questions, contact rbarker465@aol.com.